Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Install SAS University Edition in Parallels Desktop

New Contributor

Install SAS University Edition in Parallels Desktop

Hi, everyone! I installed SAS University Edition in Parallels Desktop(converted from VMWARE edition). The whole system works well, but the problem is that to enable SAS to find shared folder in OS X, I have to install Parallels Tools in the SAS hosting system(CentOS? I think.). While I cannot type in any linux commands in SAS. I know I could use virtual box instead of Parallels Desktop, but I don't want to install too many Virtual Machine in my computer.

SAS Employee

Re: Install SAS University Edition in Parallels Desktop

Because you don't have access to the virtual machine where SAS runs you cannot install the Parallels Tools. If you cannot specify a shared folder without these than you cannot work with shared folders. For more information see: Is there anything else I should know before I start?

Kind regards, Jos

Learner

Hello! 

I am wondering how you installed SAS University Edition. I am running parallels 11.2 on my OSX 10.11. I have successfully installed Windows as the virtual machine in parallels. 

My problem comes when I'm trying to open the SAS University Edition downloaded file. There is no prompt for me to 'install' it. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

SAS Employee

@c02584381 did you download either VirtualBox or VMware? If not, you will need to download one of the two before you can open the SAS University Edition download file. 

Information on how to get started can be found here: http://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/docs/en/SASUniversityEditionInstallGuide...

If you would like, SAS Univeristy Edition is also compatible with OSX, which means you do not have to run Paralles if you do not want to. Here is our installation guide for OSX: http://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/docs/en/SASUniversityEditionInstallGuide...

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation