Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Install SAS University Edition in Parallels Desktop

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Install SAS University Edition in Parallels Desktop

Hi, everyone! I installed SAS University Edition in Parallels Desktop(converted from VMWARE edition). The whole system works well, but the problem is that to enable SAS to find shared folder in OS X, I have to install Parallels Tools in the SAS hosting system(CentOS? I think.). While I cannot type in any linux commands in SAS. I know I could use virtual box instead of Parallels Desktop, but I don't want to install too many Virtual Machine in my computer.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎02-16-2015 05:05 PM
SAS Employee

Re: Install SAS University Edition in Parallels Desktop

We don't currently support the Parallels environment.   I have heard from a few folks who have used Parallels successfully but I don't know how they solved the shared folders issue - hopefully one of them will post.  You're correct in that the VM is locked down so you can't run Linux/CentOS commands or add to the VM.    But in the meantime, to run SAS University Edition on a Mac, we require VMWare or Virtual Box.   If you feel that Parallels should be a supported environment, let us know and we'll provide that feedback to the product team.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎02-16-2015 05:05 PM
SAS Employee

We don't currently support the Parallels environment.   I have heard from a few folks who have used Parallels successfully but I don't know how they solved the shared folders issue - hopefully one of them will post.  You're correct in that the VM is locked down so you can't run Linux/CentOS commands or add to the VM.    But in the meantime, to run SAS University Edition on a Mac, we require VMWare or Virtual Box.   If you feel that Parallels should be a supported environment, let us know and we'll provide that feedback to the product team.

Thanks!

New Contributor

Thank you for the answer! I thought support for the Parallels could be a good idea. Some of my friends prefer to use Parallels product. By the way I found a way to run Linux Command in SAS University Edition which I don't know  if it is a flaw.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation