Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Incorrect file format of SAS University Edition to be downloaded

Frequent Learner

Incorrect file format of SAS University Edition to be downloaded

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I am trying to install SAS University Edition. When I am going to istruction step by step how to do it, and I am downloading file by pressing on link below

download.JPG

I am starting to download file of size 2.2GB and format *.txt (please see below)

txt.JPG

But Oracle VM Virtual Box require *.ova or *.ovf (please see below)

Can you please help or advise me? 

Regards

Michal 

search.JPG

Super User

Re: Incorrect file format of SAS University Edition to be downloaded

Try changing the extension to ova and see what happens.

New Contributor

Thank you for advice. I have done it and it worked - I mean I could import file but I have another problem when I try to start virtual machine. Please see below photo. I couldn't open session for virtual machine SAS Univ Edition.

Any thoughts ?

Regards

Michal 

error.JPG

New Contributor

Sorry for two posts,

I have just checked properties of this machine and Operation System is marked as Ubuntu but I downloaded for Windows. Please seproperties.JPG

Super User

I think it should be red hat Linux 64 bit actually. That OS is for the download file, not your computer. You’ve essentially downloaded a unix computer system that has SAS installed and VirtualBox allows you to run it on your computer. Search SAS University Edition Help Center FAQ and you’ll find a help centre. The VT-X issue is common, or search this forum. You have to modify some settings on your machine to get it to work, though I suspect the 32 bit is also an issue.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation