Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Including Macros in SAS Studio / SAS University Edition

Occasional Contributor

Including Macros in SAS Studio / SAS University Edition

Hi.

I'm trying to create a Choice-Based Conjoint Design in SAS Studio 9.4 TS1M2 running on Google Chrome. I'm following a Tutorial for creating a choice based conjoint design in SAS - DDL Wiki and I downloaded the macros package from SAS Technical Support Documents--Marketing Research. After extracting the 22 files to D:\sasmacros\, I used the command %include in SAS Studio to run all of them and this is what happened:

1 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

42 ;

43 %include 'D:\sasmacros\mktallo.sas';

WARNING: Physical file does not exist, /opt/sasinside/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/D:\sasmacros\mktallo.sas.

ERROR: Cannot open %INCLUDE file D:\sasmacros\mktallo.sas.

44 %include 'D:\sasmacros\mktbal.sas';

I would like your help guiding me on how to include this macros to the SAS Studio autocall library.

Thank you very much in advance for your attention.

Trusted Advisor

Re: Including Macros in SAS Studio / SAS University Edition

hello,

What is happening is that SAS University Edition is a Virtual Machine. It is like a different machine than your computer. In fact, it is a Linux server, not Windows. So it is expecting to find ( on it its internal location  /opt/sasinside/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/ - you can see, it is not a windows-like path   ) something.

You have 2 options:

1- Put the macros on the current shared folder defined by your VM for your code.

2- Include your local location on windows 'D:\sasmacros\'   in your virtual machine configuration. Before starting your VM, you can select it with your right-button, then Settings -> Shared Folders. You will give that location and a name for the internal folder.

Afterwards, you should be able to locate the files with a %include '/media/sf_[provided_name_of_folder]/yourcode.sas';

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to JuanS_OCS

Thank you very much Juan.

I copied the files to "myfolders" shared by VMware Player. The macro files can be seen in the left box for Folders. I tried to run the next code:

%include '/folders/myfolders/sasmacros/mktex.sas';

%mktex(3 ** 5, n=243)

proc print data=design(obs=27); run;

I get this:

1 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

42 ;

43 %include '/folders/myfolders/sasmacros/mktex.sas';

17950 %mktex(3 ** 5, n=243)

ERROR: SAS/STAT, SAS/QC, and SAS/IML must be licensed to run this macro.

ERROR: The MKTEX macro ended abnormally.

NOTE: The MKTEX macro used 0.04 seconds.

17951 proc print data=design(obs=27); run;

ERROR: El archivo WORK.DESIGN.DATA no existe.

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

NOTE: PROCEDIMIENTO PRINT used (Total process time):

real time 0.00 segundos

cpu time 0.01 segundos

17952 ;

17953 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

17963 ;

I get the same error without the first line (%include '/folders/myfolders/sasmacros/mktex.sas';). I'm not sure if the SAS University Edition cannot run this macros. I tried to %include them all at once and nothing different happened. I also shared the sasmacros folder trhough the VM and performed %include '/folders/sasmacros/mktex.sas'; and %include '/media/sasmacros/mktex.sas'; with no success.

I would like to know your suggestions.

Thanks,

Ambrosio

Super User
Super User

Unfortunately the SAS University Edition does not include the SAS/QC module.  So those macros cannot used.

Trusted Advisor

Hi Ambrosio,

nice to read some logs in spanish, long time I didn't see any Smiley Happy

And you solved that little issue (you chose the easy one, good). Perfect.

Unfortunately, I have no more suggestions. The messages are related to the license for SAS University Edition. I know you can run some statistical procedures and graphs on it, but I would bet that SAS U does not have full license for STAT, GRAPH and the other mentioned on the log. You can always ask SAS Support, about this question, pointing to this description:  SAS University Edition

Are you running any SAS/QC procedure?

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to JuanS_OCS

Thank you very much Juan and Tom.

Well, I'm not familiarized with the procedures yet. I'm studying from Dr. Warren Kuhfeld's book Marketing Research Methods in SAS. I'm designing a discrete choice experiment as part of my Master's research, and I've learned that the use of a tool like SAS is essential.

I already asked SAS Support; they suggested to look for help in Communities.

I appreciate all your help.

Ambrosio

Super User

Check with your University, you may be able to access a robust version of SAS to install on your computer at a smaller or no charge that will have the SAS/QC license included.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 in conversation