Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

I am using sas studio online. I am not able to import an excel file on my c drive.

New User

I am using sas studio online. I am not able to import an excel file on my c drive.

[ Edited ]

I am using sas studio online. i am not able to import or use excel file that save on my c drive. i typed:

Libname test1 excel ‘C:\Users\homa6_000\Documents\SAS\test\test1.excel’;
Super User

Re: I am using sas studio online. I am not able to import an excel file on my c drive.

See the instructions here

https://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/SAS_accessdata_Excel.htm

In general, move the file to the shared folder you set up during installation and reference using the Unix notation, as this is running off a Unix server. If you're using AWS or Academics on Demand then you need to upload the file to their server. Note that the path/directory is case sensitive. 

Then reference as 

libname myfile xlsx '/folders/myfolders/myexcel.xlsx';

I've moved your question to the Analytics U forum. I suggest searching here for further information and help.

Super User

Re: I am using sas studie online. i am not able to import or use excel file that save on my c drive.

If you are working on a remote server, the SAS process can only access files that are located in the server's filesystem.

Use the import functions of SAS Studio, as they provide the only connection between both computers.

Or, if you have SSH access to the server, use a tool like WinSCP to upload the file.

Also always provide the log if you need help with SAS code.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation