Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

How to renew your license for SAS University Edition

Community Manager

How to renew your license for SAS University Edition

Warning: Your system is scheduled to expire on July 31, 2016...

Some of you have noticed a warning like that (pictured below), and you're concerned. This article published last year by @DaniChiavegatto sheds light on what it means and what to do. In short: it's time to update your license now, if you haven't already. Do what Dani says. If you miss the July 31 deadline, no problem. Just download University Edition again.

UE_expiration_warning.JPG

Regular Contributor

Re: How to renew your license for SAS University Edition

Thanks Bev - because you know I'd forget :-)
Has my article or post helped? Please mark as Solution or Like the article!
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to renew your license for SAS University Edition

I feel that SAS organization needs to completely rethink its communications strategy and tactics about license renewal for the University Edition.  The following are needed:
1.  Mass mail an email message to SAS Univ. Edition users about the expiration date and do that at least two months before that date, to help those people who do not use the software for a long period and find themselves trying to use it a few days before or after the expiration date.
2.  Prepare clear and official (SAS originated) step-by-step instructions on the renewal process and mass mail an email message to SAS Univ. Edition users the link to the location of those instructions. (When I searched for instructions all I found was an exchange among users at the Community forum, and the information provided at that exchange (you see it in thread above) was seriously incomplete because it did not mention what you had to do with VirtualBox.  All it spoke about was re-downloading the 2 gigabyte app, which just gets you into a lot of trouble if you have done nothing about the VirtualBox previously installed on your computer.)
3.  For those who are completely frustrated and decide to totally uninstall VirtualBox and SAS, so as tot try and start anew, prepare clear and official (SAS originated) step-by-step instructions on how to completely uninstall SAS and mass mail an email message to SAS Univ. Edition to users the link to the location of those instructions. (I wish you good luck in your search for these instructions using either an Internet search engine or the search function at the SAS Communities Forum. I have failed completely to find them.)

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation