Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

How to recover deleted item on SAS university edition

New Contributor

How to recover deleted item on SAS university edition

I deleted an item (not sure if it was a sas code) that I had previously saved, thinking I didn't need it. Is there any way to recover this item? Is there a trash folder I can access?

Super User

Re: How to recover deleted item on SAS university edition

SAS UE runs off your computer. Any files saved would be in the myfolders location, which you can access on the Windows side. 

If you have Windows versioning turned on you can click the parent folder, select Properties and Previous Versions to retrieve an old version of your code if it happened to be saved.

New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I went to myfolders on my windows, but there aren't
any files saved at all... did I set it up wrong so that my files weren't
syncing?
Super User

Did you Save your work explicitly by hitting the Save/Disk icon? When you saved it you have to select a location, so it's usually myfolders or sasuser.v94 or something along those lines. You can set up shared folders elsewhere so you could have saved it somewhere else, but I assume if you were doing that you would know where it was.

If you never hit Save, unfortunately, your programs are gone into the abyss. If you haven't restarted the SAS UE session you *may* be able to get the session history (clock symbol in the window) and see your previously submitted code from the log but you'll have to clean it up.

Super Contributor

Just a little tip for the future...........

I've added my Dropbox folder to the shared folders in VirtualBox and save all my UE work in Dropbox sub-folders so not only does that mean that I can work on UE while on the road you can retrieve any files deleted in the last 30 days from the web interface of Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/help/security/recover-deleted-files-folders

That's saved my bacon on a couple of occasions Smiley Happy

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation