Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

How to delete an Enterprise Miner project

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to delete an Enterprise Miner project

[ Edited ]

I have created some "dummy" projects as I figured out the software in Enterprise Miner OnDemand that I would like to delete and thus clean up my workspace.  I know how to delete the project from inside of Enterprise Miner using the MetaData option under the View menu.  However, that just removes the project from Enterprise Miner.  If I go into SAS Studio, the deleted projects are still there.  I am using SAS Studio to upload data from my computer to SAS Enterprise Miner.

If I try to delete the project folder in SAS Studio, I get a message that it is not empty.  Do I really need to open up each folder and delete the contents of the folder before deleting the folder and then repeating the entire process with the next folder.  It there a way to delete a "deleted EM project" easily in SAS Studio?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-06-2018 10:06 AM
SAS Employee

Re: Delete an Enterprise Miner Project

The best way to do this would be to "re-register" the project by creating a new project with the same name.  Once you open the project, under the File dropdown, select "Delete Project".  That should remove the metadata as well as the files.

=G=

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎03-06-2018 10:06 AM
SAS Employee

The best way to do this would be to "re-register" the project by creating a new project with the same name.  Once you open the project, under the File dropdown, select "Delete Project".  That should remove the metadata as well as the files.

=G=

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much Galen. Don't know how I missed that. I remember going through the EM manual looking for "delete" and this is where I saw how to delete the metadata.

Out of curiosity, why would you delete the metadata for a project but not actually delete the project?

Thanks again.

Jerry

SAS Employee

Not really sure.  If you have a lot of projects that you want to save but don't care to see in the list, that would be a case where it would remove some clutter from the UI.  Removing the metadata would allow you to "reactivate" it later by "creating" it again but just not have it show up in your list of projects.  On systems where you have access, you could zip up the folder and save a copy.  Another case could be where the servers were migrated but the content wasn't and the users wanted to clear it up.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation