Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

How to create Orion-Library in SAS Enterprise Guide - Practice?

N/A

How to create Orion-Library in SAS Enterprise Guide - Practice?

I have a problem to practice SAS Enterprise.

To practice, I have to set up Orion library. So I processed as below according th the instruction but could not make it.

As below instruction, I click "here", copy and paste the program and run according to the instruction of "3. Click here to open a popup window with the  code that creates your practice data. Select all of the code (Ctrl+A) and then copy it (Ctrl+C). "

However, it did not work through and instead I get this message as below.

Please advise what I should do to set up Orion Library without this problem as attached file (Error-SAS Enterprise Orion Library.png)

This is a instruction that I followed.

Setup Instructions for SAS Enterprise Guide

Follow these instructions to create a project for this course that will prompt you to create your data each time you open SAS Enterprise Guide.

Open a new project and run code to define the orion library and create your practice data.

In SAS Enterprise Guide, you submit a program that creates practice data in the temporary work library and assigns the orion library that you use in this course to the work library where your data is stored. This scenario works in all SAS Enterprise Guide configurations.  

1. Start SAS Enterprise Guide and create a new project for this course.

2. Select File then New then Program (or click the New and select Program). An empty Program window opens and a Program item is added to the Project Tree.

3. Click here to open a popup window with the  code that creates your practice data. Select all of the code (Ctrl+A) and then copy it (Ctrl+C).

4. Click in the Program window in Enterprise Guide and  paste the code (Ctrl+V).

5. Click Run to submit the code. After the code runs, the Results window displays two tables. The second table lists the data sets that the program created.
Super User

Re: How to create Orion-Library in SAS Enterprise Guide - Practice?

Have you verified that pop ups aren't blocked in your browser? Also, try it in a different browser.

Also, you've posted the instructions but not the error you received.

Occasional Contributor

Hi there, 

I have come accros same problem.  By chance were you  able to figure out the solution ?The  click here hyperlink doesn't open.

with regards,

shim

SAS Super FREQ

You must have popup windows enabled for the code to appear in a popup window. This is entirely controlled by settings on YOUR computer. The course is hosted on the SAS servers, but all of the controls that run the course (JavaScript and popup windows) runs on YOUR system, subject to YOUR system settings. Most of the time, if you check the first page of the course, there are 4 checkboxes on the right side of the screen that indicate whether JavaScript is enabled and popups are enabled. If the 4 boxes are NOT all checked, the chances are good that the course will not play properly. Please use ONLY the supported browsers with the course. The supported browsers for each course are shown on the left side of the first screen in the course. Usually, switching to a different browser fixes the issue. If your company has spyware blocking, ad blocking or pop-up blocking software installed, that might prevent the course windows from opening. This is under YOUR system/browser controls. We cannot reach to your computer and change your settings.
cynthia
Occasional Contributor

Libref ORION is not assigned

Hi there ,

i have been using SAS on demand ,  Libref ORION was  assigned. Also it was working with no issues.  But lately it keeps says  Libref ORION is not assigned. I just some idea  how to fisx it ? Do I  need delete it and reassign it? 

Thank you for your hepl.

shimelis

Occasional Contributor

Libref ORION is not assigned

Hi there ,

I have been using SAS on demand f,  Libref ORION was  assigned. Also it was working with no issues.  But lately it keeps saying  Libref ORION is not assigned. I just  need some idea  how to fisx it ? Do I  need to delete it and reassign it? 

Thank you for your help

shimelis

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Libref ORION is not assigned

Hi:
Are you using SAS Enterprise Guide with SAS OnDemand or are you using SAS Studio with SAS OnDemand. The method of assigning the ORION library will be different for each interface.

With Enterprise Guide, you assign a library by going to Tools --> Assign Project Library. However, if you are using Programming 1 instructions, (which the original poster was using) -- but it is not clear whether you are using Programming 1 or a different class. Generally, for our Programming classes, we have you create the data in WORK and the LIBNAME is issued for you, if you followed ALL of the instructions to save the project with a process flow called AUTOEXEC, then EVERY single time you open the project, you should get prompted to run the AUTOEXEC process flow which will essentially make the data for you every time you open the project.

If you do NOT save your original project and process flow named AUTOEXEC, then you will either have to make the files EVERY time you start working or you will have to go back one time and follow the instructions again.

If you are using SAS Studio, since we know that you can make folders on your working area, we have you make a folder called ECPRG193 and then give you instructions for how to make the LIBNAME statement yourself. Basically in SAS OnDemand for Academics with SAS Studio, you would
1) make a folder in your HOME directory called ECPRG193 (if for Programming1)
2) submit these 2 statements (after modifying for your username):
%let path=/home/john.doe0/ecprg193;
libname orion "&path";
3) next, copy, paste, submit the program, as instructed in the setup window.
4) save the above 2 "setup" statements in a file called setup.sas or in a snippet in SAS Studio called setup. (You will have to submit the setup.sas program or snippet each time you log on.)

If you are getting LIBREF not assigned, that only means SAS "unplugged" itself from the data. Whether the data is "there" in your folders depends on which set of instructions you followed -- the SAS Enterprise Guide instructions or the SAS Studio instructions. They ARE different and HOW you set up the ORION library after the first time you run the program in the popup window will depend entirely on the interface you're using to submit programs to SAS.

cynthia
Occasional Contributor

Re: Libref ORION is not assigned

Cynthia,

I really appreciate for your prompt response and invaluable information. It looks SAS "unplugged" itself from the data.

Now it’s running well.

Sincerely,

Shimelis

Occasional Contributor

Error Libref is not assigned

Hi there ,

I have been using SAS on demand , Libref ORION was  assigned. Also it was working with no issues.  But lately it keeps saying  Libref ORION is not assigned. I just  need some idea  how to fix it ? Do I  need to delete it and reassign it? 

Thank you for your help.

Shimelis

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Error Libref is not assigned

Please see this response in the other Forum where you posted this question:
https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Analytics-U/How-to-create-Orion-Library-in-SAS-Enterprise-Guide-P...

cynthia
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation