Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

How to change default username/password for SAS University Edition Running in AWS?

Accepted Solution Solved
Established User
Accepted Solution

How to change default username/password for SAS University Edition Running in AWS?

Hi,

I have an instance of SAS University Edition running in an AWS EC2 instance, via (for the most part) https://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/AWS_runvApp.htm

The directions given there say the credentials are

username: sasdemo

password: [instance-id]

That is all good and well, but I would like to change these? I don't mind the username so much as the password, but its rather annoying having to go copy/paste that id each time I would like to login. If this is not possible, does anyone have any tips to make it a little easier rather than having the aws management console up every time?

Thanks for any help!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-29-2018 04:15 PM
SAS Employee

Re: How to change default username/password for SAS University Edition Running in AWS?

[ Edited ]

There is no end user mechanism provided to allow you to change the user name or password for SAS University Edition on AWS.

That said, the instance ID for your UE instance on AWS will not change unless you terminate the instance.

Whenever you get a new instance you could just save the instance ID in a text file or shortcut on your desktop to save having to go into AWS EC2 and find it each time. If you are running Windows, you could make a shortcut on your desktop with a command like this:

cmd /c echo myAwsUEInstanceID | clip

and give it any name you like. Run that shortcut to copy the instance ID to your clipboard.

Edit the properties of the shortcut to change the instance ID if you ever terminate the instance and get a new one.

uepw.jpg

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎04-29-2018 04:15 PM
SAS Employee

Re: How to change default username/password for SAS University Edition Running in AWS?

[ Edited ]

There is no end user mechanism provided to allow you to change the user name or password for SAS University Edition on AWS.

That said, the instance ID for your UE instance on AWS will not change unless you terminate the instance.

Whenever you get a new instance you could just save the instance ID in a text file or shortcut on your desktop to save having to go into AWS EC2 and find it each time. If you are running Windows, you could make a shortcut on your desktop with a command like this:

cmd /c echo myAwsUEInstanceID | clip

and give it any name you like. Run that shortcut to copy the instance ID to your clipboard.

Edit the properties of the shortcut to change the instance ID if you ever terminate the instance and get a new one.

uepw.jpg

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation