Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

How to add SAS/ETS to the University Edition

Occasional Contributor

How to add SAS/ETS to the University Edition

Hi Everyone

This is my first post here, so please bear with me.

I just heard that there is a free version of SAS now made available to students. I want to hone my SAS skills. Whilst this is great, I understand that the University Edition does not include the SAS/ETS. One of the major interest that I have is to be able to do time series forecasting - which can only be done using SAS/ETS! I am presuming here that, whilst SAS/GRAPH also is not included, the basic graphing facility to plot the residuals and auatocorrelation plots would be available in the Base SAS and SAS/Access modules.

Could someone please advise if there is a way to buy the SAS/ETS module at a discounted rate for students to make the whole package complete and usable to serve this specific purpose of mine.

Best regards

Deepak

Community Manager

Re: How to add SAS/ETS to the University Edition

Posted in reply to agarwaldvk

Deepak,

(Moving this to our SAS Analytics U community)

SAS University Edition includes Base, SAS/STAT, and SAS/IML.  Base also includes ODS graphics (SGPLOT and more) for robust graphical capabilities.  But there is not a way that you can extend this package to include SAS/ETS.

Another possible approach is to use SAS OnDemand for Academics.  This is for students and learners, and is hosted by SAS -- this environment includes a wider range of SAS products.

Chris

Super User

You can do some time series analysis using SAS IML

SAS/IML(R) 9.2 User's Guide

SAS Employee

Hi Deepak,

Echoing the comments from Chris, SAS On-Demand for Academics (SODA) or "Cloud SAS" is your best option. It is free, creates zero footprint on your machine and can be accessed anywhere. 

Just sign up for an account here and you can get started right now. 

https://odamid.oda.sas.com/SASStudio/

Ken

Occasional Contributor

Hi

I just signed up as an independent learner. Now how do I start using it? It is asking for the courses I teach which I don't.

I would be downloading the  University Edition anyway for non ETS related work but for time series forecasting kind of stuff I would need to use this On Demand for Academics stuff.

So how do I get to use this facility without being a teacher?

Best regards

Deepak

Super User

Are you affiliated with a University?

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation