Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

How is installation going for everybody else?

New Contributor

How is installation going for everybody else?

In my case after the virtual machine startup (about 10 to 15 minutes) I got SAS Information Center to load. Nice! Smiley Happy

I just entered http://localhost:10080 in my browser and it redirected to http://localhost:10080/SASInformationCenter/index.html with a pretty SAS welcome banner. The banner has a button that says Start SAS Studio. Clicking on that button opens a new tab in my browser pointing to http://localhost:10080/SASStudio, but there I get the message far below (with 503 error number in the tab).

Other relevant information:

1. The VirtualBox consale has finished loading, with a 'Welcome to your SAS...' message in a white on black text console (not graphical).
  2. In the SAS Information Center, the Notifications section says 'Checking for updates....' permanently.

Any advise on how to reach beyond the Welcome page is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache vFabric Server at localhost Port 10080
SAS Employee

Re: How is installation going for everybody else?

Hi Eric, I just saw your note. I will check with our technical team to see what might be the issue.

New Contributor

Thanks. I did a reboot of the VM and got the same results.

Hello,

I am facing the same trouble, the message displaying is :

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache vFabric Server at localhost Port 10080
I tried several times to fix this problem, but it is not getting fixed.
Please help me. Smiley Sad
N/A

same hereSmiley Sad

Regular Learner

I followed the instructions and installed SAS U on OSX 10.9.2 with VirtualBox and it worked fine. My only problem was the code window. At first, I wasn't able to delete the last line of characters and I had problems selecting portions of code. After restarting, everything seemed fine.

SAS Employee

Hi Eric,

Due to the nature of your issue, can you please open a help request via SASAnalyticsU@sas.com.  The team can work with you on your issue.

Thanks so much

Jennifer Scott

New Contributor

Hi Jennifer,

I left the PC on when I left home today. Upon returning, SASStudio had already loaded in the browser. Looks that the SASStudio service took several minutes to load. If I face further slowness I'll create the request at SASAnalyticsU@sas.com.

Thanks!

P.S. The SAS Information Center page had the following message in the Notifications area, but I guess that this is not important:

An error occurred. No updates could be found for SAS University Edition.

N/A

Installation went fine for me. The problem I am experiencing is that any program I run never finishes. I just get the wheel of circularity and ultimately I have to cancel.

Is this due to my hardware, a VirtualBox issue, or SAS itself? There have been many instances where I can't double click a data set or as I said, the programs never run.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Phil

N/A

Hi

I am downloading the University edition file for the third time, how long does it take? It seems like its taking a long time. On the two previous attempts when I tried to import in Oracle VirtualBox I got an error the is file corrupted. Did anyone else have this problem?

New Contributor

Hi,

I am getting the following error:

The launch of the server process failed with an unknown status code.

please specify.error.png

Thanks

N/A

Hi

I too am getting the same error.

SAS Employee

Had the same issue, did not read the installation guide before proceeding SAS University Edition.  Make sure you configure your "Shared Folders" and do not configure more that 2 CPU to the VM.

SAS Employee

If you are running into installation issues, please contact tech support so we can document the problem and help you in a timely manner.

SASAnalyticsU@sas.com

800-727-0025 Option 2

Or start a chat under "Contact Us" in the community.

Thanks

Jennifer

SAS Employee

Had the same issue, did not read the installation guide before proceeding SAS University Edition.  Make sure you configure your "Shared Folders" and do not configure more that 2 CPU to the VM.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats