Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

How do I implement keyboard macros in SAS An U?

New Contributor

How do I implement keyboard macros in SAS An U?

In the past when I taught using the SAS display manager or with Enterprise Guide I gave my students a SAS keyboard macro file (.kmf) which would autocomplete short phrases that I created, like procSQL, into full snippets of code, like:

proc sql;

create table  as

select

from

where

;

quit;

How can I implement keyboard macros in SAS An U?  That is how can I define (and share) custom "words" which will be automatically replaced by blocks of code?

Thanks a bunch,

Ray

SAS Super FREQ

Re: How do I implement keyboard macros in SAS An U?

Hi:

I believe that the intent of the "Snippets" pane is to allow the student to compile a library of code snippets that you can use. There are some pre-defined snippets there already (as shown in screen shot # 7. The screen shots attached show how a quick series of shots of starting with a new snippet, saving it, then using it as the basis of a new program and running the program.

Cynthia

1_add_snippet.png7_already_snippet_for_sql.png5_double_click_to_open_edit_then_save.png3_save_my_snippets.png4_after_save.png2_type_snippet_code_save_snippet.png6_after_save_then_run.png
New Contributor

Re: How do I implement keyboard macros in SAS An U?

How can I distribute dozens of snippets to hundreds of students? Is there really no way to import keyboard macros?  If not, that shortcoming needs to be addressed. 

Ray

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation