Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

How do I get SAS Uni Ed running "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" Mac using Google Chrome

New Contributor

How do I get SAS Uni Ed running "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" Mac using Google Chrome

Hi there,

I installed Oracle VM and imported SAS to my Mac running OS X yesterday. I followed the instructions and had SAS operating fine in google chrome v61.0 Once I finished, I "powered off machine". My browser wasn't opening up web pages that would typically open. I went through the chrome options on the error page and clicked a few things I should have read. As a result, the web pages started to open again. Great.

After dinner, I tried to restart SAS through google chrome again but now I cannot load SAS. I had VM running again, I typed in http://localhost:10080 on chrome but it comes up with "This page isn’t working, localhost didn’t send any data. ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE." I have tried reinstalling VM and reimporting a newly download SAS OVA but this gives the same issue. I tried going through localhost on safari but to no avail. Is it something to do with browser’s settings? Very keen to get this resolved. I have attached a general screenshot of the VM and other screenshots.

Kind regards,

Ray

Super Contributor

Re: How do I get SAS Uni Ed running "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" Mac using Google Chrome

It could be any one of a number of things - there is a page with some troubleshooting techniques you can try here http://support.sas.com/kb/53/791.html

New Contributor

Re: How do I get SAS Uni Ed running "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" Mac using Google Chrome

Posted in reply to ChrisBrooks

Hi Chris,

I have just tried a number of those steps mentioned in the link you provided. However, this hasn't alleviated the issue.

Have you seen others with this issue before?

Super Contributor

Usually re-downloading and re-installing the OVA file resolves most issues - it could be that VirtualBox has become corrupted in some way, that happened to me once and a reinstall of that fixed the problem...

New Contributor

Posted in reply to ChrisBrooks

I just tried re-downloading the OVA file and imported into a freshly downloaded and installed VirtualBox after uninstalling the previous one.

Same error on the google chrome browser comes up. Any other suggestions to resolve this? Thanks

Super Contributor

As a final throw of the dice you could try clearing your browser cache but if that doesn't work I've run out of ideas I'm afraid. You may have to try raising a track with SAS Tech Support http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation