Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

How do I get SAS UE to Launch? (e.g. App could not be logged on to the server...connection refused)

New Contributor

How do I get SAS UE to Launch? (e.g. App could not be logged on to the server...connection refused)

Has anyone had luck getting around this problem (see image below)?

I have installed both VirtualBox and VMPlayer 12 and have tried loading SAS University Edition from different browsers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox), but get the same results. I use a Dell laptop, running Windows 7 (64-bit). I am fairly certain the file path for "myfolders" has been set up correctly. Am I missing something?

SAS Error.JPG

New Contributor

Re: How do I get SAS UE to Launch? (e.g. App could not be logged on to the server...connection refus

Posted in reply to Nichols_dt

Additional images...

SAS - File Path myfolders.JPGSAS - Oracle VirtualBox Running.JPG

SAS - Settings Win7.JPG

SAS - Screen Capture Ready to Load.JPG

Super User

Re: How do I get SAS UE to Launch? (e.g. App could not be logged on to the server...connection refus

[ Edited ]

Did you set the options in the second last image? SAS UE is a linux image not Windows 7, I thought it was RedHat. I'm not using VirtualBox though so I'm not sure of the settings in there. 

New Contributor

When I downloaded VirtualBox, the default was RedHat. I thought that might be the problem, so I changed it to match with Win7. From what I can tell, it made no difference.

SAS - Tried both Win7 and Linux.JPG

Super User

Yeah, you shouldn't have changed that, it's definitely RedHat Linux.

Restart it the VM after the change and give it a try. There should be an actual restart mechanism within VirtualBox somewhere. Make sure to restart browser to clear cache/history as well. 

Super User

Here's the debugging FAQ for this issue:

http://support.sas.com/kb/53/791.html

Good Luck!

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation