Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

How do I Fix The "Failed to open access for the virtual machine SAS-University-Edition" Issue

New Contributor

How do I Fix The "Failed to open access for the virtual machine SAS-University-Edition" Issue

Hello Everyone, 

This forum is a great resource, lots of very useful and helpful tips here. Im very excited to get started using SAS. I am running into this same problem where I am getting an error message following "Normal Start". Ive read some other posts that have advised that I download and install an older version of the VM Virtual Box and I tried it with VM Virtual Box 5.0.24 and 5.0.0. I also checked the box "reinitialize the MAC address of all network cards". I'm still getting the error message. I have a Mac Osx 10.9.5. 

Here is the error, I have also attached a screenshot 

Failed to load VMMR0.r0 (VERR_SUPLIB_WORLD_WRITABLE).

Result Code:

NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)

Component:

ConsoleWrap

Interface:

IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks so much

John 

Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 4.44.07 PM.png
Super User

Re: How do I Fix The "Failed to open access for the virtual machine SAS-University-Edition&quot

Can you post your VM settings, ie computer type, cores/memory?

Also, if you have the option try VMWare instead of Oracle Virtual Box, but it comes with a cost.

New Contributor

Re: How do I Fix The "Failed to open access for the virtual machine SAS-University-Edition&

Dear Reeza, 

Thank you for your reply, my computer type is a Mac OSx 10.9.5 I have 2.5GHz Intel Core i5, Memory is 4GB 1600Mhz DDR3. 

The VM settings are Version 5.1.2 r108956. (I tried an older verson of the VM Virtual Box software but it still didnt work).

Please let me know if I can provide more information.

Best, 

John

Super User

Re: How do I Fix The "Failed to open access for the virtual machine SAS-University-Edition&

We need the VM settings not your computer, the virtual box settings where you set cores/Ram. Post that screenshot. 

Its known own to not work with VirtualBox 5.1 so I would be using 5.0

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation