Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

How can we run batch jobs in sas studio?

Contributor

How can we run batch jobs in sas studio?

I am using SAS Studio Basic 3.4 in SAS 9.4 installed on Linux platform and want to know how can I run batch jobs.

Community Manager

Re: How can we run batch jobs in sas studio?

Hi @Abhijit_gsk, this question will have better visibility in one of our communities about SAS Studio. I will move this message for you. Thank you for being part of the community!

Lainie

Contributor

Thanks Lainie!!

Super User

Are you using SAS UE or SAS Studio on top of a fully licensed SAS?
Contributor

Hi Reeza,

We are using SAS Studio Basic 3.4 on top of a fully licensed SAS

Super User

Are you wanting to run your batch jobs from a scheduler? If so then you can take the SAS program file you have saved in SAS Studio and run it from from any operating system (eg cron) or third-party scheduler. Many SAS sites have the LSF scheduler that can be used to schedule batch jobs in SAS Management Console. 

You could also run the sas program from a Linux command line if you wish to run it straight away. 

Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I understand that we can run the jobs from scheduler or other OS.

I just wanted to know if there is any option in SAS Studio to submit SAS jobs to run in batch mode.

SAS Employee

Hi Abhijit_gsk,

There is not currently an option in SAS Studio to submit batch jobs, but I believe it is something the R&D team is considering for a future release.  Stay tuned!

thanks,

Jennifer

New Contributor

The last posting was from 2015 - was just checking to see if there were any improvements where the batch processing can be done within SAS Studio?

Thanks a bunch!

Super User
Super User

SAS/Studio 3.5 has a batch run like process that will let you run a stored .sas program file in a separate workspace.

SAS Employee

Here's a link to the doc if you'd like to read more about it.  Note we're going to change the name of this feature in the next release to "background submit" since batch means something a little different to many folks - this is more of a way to start a job in the background from the Studio interface rather than submitting code completely outside of Studio.  Let us know what you think!

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 in conversation