Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Help with SASUniverisityEdition download

N/A

Help with SASUniverisityEdition download

I am trying to download the SAS University Edition and I downloaded the VmPlayer and when I try to Play the Virtual machine, I get the following error.

This virtual machine is configured for 64-bit guest operating systems. However, 64-bit operation is not possible.

This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled.

Intel VT-x might be disabled if it has been disabled in the BIOS/firmware settings or the host has not been power-cycled since changing this setting.

(1) Verify that the BIOS/firmware settings enable Intel VT-x and disable 'trusted execution.'

(2) Power-cycle the host if either of these BIOS/firmware settings have been changed.

(3) Power-cycle the host if you have not done so since installing VMware Player.

(4) Update the host's BIOS/firmware to the latest version.

For more detailed information, see http://vmware.com/info?id=152.

How can I get my SASUniversity Edition work. Please help.

Thanks much!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Help with SASUniverisityEdition download

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Help with SASUniverisityEdition download

Hi, Rajitha. I'm certain that pchegoor's suggestion will help you. Basically, on some PCs, virtualization is not enabled in the BIOS. If you are familiar with modifying your BIOS settings, you just need to boot up your machine, enter the BIOS and change that option. The article referenced goes into detail about how to do that with the various BIOS makes in use.

Randy

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation