Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Help! Shared Folder is empty?

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Help! Shared Folder is empty?

[ Edited ]

Hello All, 

I have successfully gotten SAS University to run, and no errors are showing on my information center, but, when I go to import files, i get this:

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 10.39.46 PM.png

The file is not set on read only; I have reinstalled, re-started, and read (and tried the suggestions) all of the community posts, but I cannot find where anyone has had this problem.  I am running off of a Mac, and I am not having any other issues (so far) with the system.   

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 10.46.48 PM.png

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-19-2018 09:31 AM
Super User

Re: Help! Shared Folder is empty?

You seem to be asking two unrelated questions. As for the practice files, have you looked for them from the main menu (as shown in the attached pic)?

Capture.JPG

As for using "Import Files" have you placed the file you want to import in your myfolders directory?

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

[ Edited ]

You may be looking one level too deep. Take a look directly under myfolders

When you import files you should be importing them from, and saving them to,

/folders/myfolders

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 8.46.43 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-19 at 8.52.21 AM.png

I tried just the My folders folder, and it still will not allow me to go any further. 

Super User

Are you running Oracle or VMWare? Have you assigned the myfolders directory? Have you placed the file you want to import into that directory?

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am running VMWare. 

I just installed the SAS University Edition last night, and the files that are missing are the associated developer created files included in the University Edition.  My understanding is that "practice" files would be in this folder, right? As you can see, the SASHelp folder populated, but I have no ability to utilize the SASUSER.Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 9.02.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 9.01.15 AM.png

I am new to this program, and I really appreciate your help!

Solution
‎05-19-2018 09:31 AM
Super User

You seem to be asking two unrelated questions. As for the practice files, have you looked for them from the main menu (as shown in the attached pic)?

Capture.JPG

As for using "Import Files" have you placed the file you want to import in your myfolders directory?

New Contributor

Art, thank you so much.  By asking those two questions I was able to resolve my issue by trying to answer your questions. The file from the training book had not saved in the correct location and now I am able to import files.  

Thank you again!

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation