Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Heed that warning to renew your SAS University Edition license!

Community Manager

Heed that warning to renew your SAS University Edition license!

Some of you, when you start up University Edition, have been ignoring warnings that your license has expired. Time's running out to renew! If you don't, your copy of University Edition will stop working after July 31. Want to keep using it, without interruption? Read How do I renew my SAS University Edition license and/or update or download a new copy?

-
Bev Brown
Visit me on LinkedIn.
Twitter too: @BevBrown
Thank you for using SAS.jpg
Occasional Learner

Re: Heed that warning to renew your SAS University Edition license!

Posted in reply to BeverlyBrown
Not working... downloads but install fails. Help!!!
New Contributor

I did heed the warning. I downloaded and installed the latest version: unvbasicvapp__9411010__ova__en__sp0__1.ova

Now, NONE of my programs work. They do not even start! Every program, which worked yesterday in the old version gets the notes:

"NOTE: The quoted string currently being processed has become more than 262 bytes long.  You might have unbalanced quotation marks." (after line 4 of the SAS Studio initialization. I.e. BEFORE IT GETS TO MY CODE) and

multiple instances of the following: NOTE 49-169: The meaning of an identifier after a quoted string might change in a future SAS release.  Inserting white space between a quoted string and the succeeding identifier is recommended.

I have made no changes other than installing the new version of SAS UNiversity Edition.

I am dead in the water. What do I do to get restarted????

Occasional Contributor

Hi Beverly,

so i have updated and the screeen says up to date, and according to the FAQ

"How do I know if my copy is current and my license is valid?

If you see “SAS University Edition is up-to-date” under your Welcome screen's Notifications heading, relax. Your license is good through July 31, 2018. No action is needed."

But my startup screen stil informs me that it will expire July 31 2017.

so my understanding is that i am up to date and should ignore the expiration notifications??

Wayne R

Community Manager

Posted in reply to wayne_robinson

Hi @wayne_robinson, some suggestions in this thread may help you. If not, would you be willing to post your question as a new message on the Analytics U Community? Few folks see questions posted in the comments, so the likelihood of a quick reply is greater when you post as a separate topic. Thank you for learning SAS with University Edition and being part of this forum!

-
Bev Brown
Visit me on LinkedIn.
New Contributor

Please ignore my rant above. I apologize. First. I posted in wrong forum. Sorry. Second, it was my dumb mistake. I was working on an included source code file. I put an asterisk before the %include statement but the include happened anyway.
My [stupid] error. Sorry to have bothered anyone.
Community Manager

Hi @pdflan: Hope everything's working better now. Smiley Happy

-
Bev Brown
Visit me on LinkedIn.
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @wayne_robinson. I wouid absolutely love if you'd allow me to assist you, because I haven't been able to see this problem happening.

If you'll send me a message with a couple of time slots that might work for you, I'll send you a WebEx meeting URL and we'll take a look.

Thanks,

Randy

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to RandyMullis

Hi Randy, Beverly,

thanks for replies.

Ii is all normal again now and up to date.  I think it just needed to execute the renew license option to make the 2017 expiry date go away.  Usually that option didnt work so i would just run SAS using the remind me in one day option.  But one day it worked and all appears sweet now.

Wayne R

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation