Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Has anyone looked at using the SAS studio repository toolkit appliance together with SAS UE?

Frequent Contributor

Has anyone looked at using the SAS studio repository toolkit appliance together with SAS UE?

Has anyone looked into this? I read about the respository and it seemed like an excellent way to develop and share customised tasks and / or big data with other SAS UE users. I tried to get it to work but failed on my first attempt.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Has anyone looked at using the SAS studio repository toolkit appliance together with SAS UE?

I probably should clarify I got the SAS studio repository appliance installed and running in parallel with SAS Studio UE but could not successfully get SAS UE to recognize the SAS Studio toolkit repository.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Has anyone looked at using the SAS studio repository toolkit appliance together with SAS UE?

I'm guessing it might have something to do with SAS UE being in lockdown and therefore disabling the FTP file access method, which seems to be central to connecting Studio to a repository. I got as far as accessing one of the example external files in the example snippet repository:

filename download url "http://my-repository.fritz.box/Repository/snippets/import/delimiter.txt" debug user='studio' pass='Power2go!';
data sales;
informat region $8. state $2. month $7. expenses revenue 8.0;
format region $8. state $2. month $7. expenses revenue 8.0;
infile download dlm='&' firstobs=2;
input region state month expenses revenue;
run;
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation