07-14-2014 10:12 AM
After pressing the Start Studio in SAS University Edition. I have the following error with all kinds of browsers (Explore, Firefox and Chrome)
"HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.ClassFormatError: Truncated class file"
I can not access the SAS University Edition. You can find the pdf file of the error as attachment.
08-06-2014 09:14 PM
What does "try virtual box" mean. I installed the virtual box today and got Studio to open one time. After turning computer off and trying to open Studio later, I got the error. I uninstalled the VM box and reinstalled and I still having the same problem. Anyone know how to fix?
08-21-2014 01:38 PM
Hi Please extract the SAS university Package and then please create myfolders sub folder then try to open the package through the Vmware or Either Virtual Box.I hope this will help
02-23-2016 10:17 AM
I'm hoping you solved this problem, but I just figured it out and thought I would post for future users.
1. Start the virturalbox (VB) installer, and select 'uninstall'. Follow the prompts.
2. Do NOT reinstall. Instead restart your computer.
3. Reinstall VB. Import the SAS appliance, and reset your 'myfolder' directory
4. Run SAS-University-Edition in VB, follow browser instructions
5. Type some test code, and save it.
Now this is important.
6. Close the browser
7. Attempt to close the black screen 'SAS-University-Edition - Oracle VM VirturalBox'
8. Do NOT 'shut down' the application. Instead, 'Save the machine state'
9. All done.
02-23-2016 10:58 AM
The suggestion @zdfhsdfgh provided will work, but you do not necessarily have to uninstall VirtualBox
If you simply delete the SAS-University-Edition instance inside of VirtualBox and re-import it, you will be able to run SAS-University Edition again.
When using VirtualBox, I find that "sending the shutdown signal" or "ACPI shutdown" is much more graceful than simply powering off the machine.
04-19-2016 10:13 PM
I've struggled with this error msg too. I have tried all solutions people mentioned above but they didn't work for me. The step that finally solved this problem for me was to run VM Visual Box as Administrator..I'm on Windows 7 64bit. I feel this is becoming a random trial.. Hope this gives those who're still struggling some new clue..