Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Getting error - 'The launch of the server process failed with an unknown status code.'

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Getting error - 'The launch of the server process failed with an unknown status code.'

While starting SAS University Edition I am getting following error message on Windows 10 Pro and Virtual Box 5.0.14:

The launch of the server process failed with an unknown status code.

I tried both option provided on several threads:

1. Reduce the number of processors from 2 to 1.
  2. Change the path of shared folder

but still have this error.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

sas-u-error.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-04-2016 10:22 PM
Super User

Re: Getting error - 'The launch of the server process failed with an unknown status code.'

Redownload and try again from the start. 

If if that doesn't work please post your OS, VM or Oracle,

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎03-04-2016 10:22 PM
Super User

Re: Getting error - 'The launch of the server process failed with an unknown status code.'

Redownload and try again from the start. 

If if that doesn't work please post your OS, VM or Oracle,

Occasional Contributor

I'am still getting the same error. I redownloaded the whole thing but still in the SAS INFORMATION CENTER site it is showing for an update. I tried updating, but everytime it stops at 54%. Please someone help me.... !!!!! My OS is "Windows7 64bit" and I'am using "ORACLE VM VIRTUAL BOX MANAGER"

Super User

Are you on a fast internet connection? The updates can be large.

It sounds like this is your first SAS installation, did you follow the instructions in setting up the shared folder and the VM. 

Can you post screenshots of the VM settings, and your SAS information window that shows the update required. 

Occasional Contributor

Hi Reeza,

Thanks for the reply. 

The speed of my internet  is around 40mbps.

And this is the 2nd time i'am installing sas on my Lap. 1 year back i hav installed it and it was perfectly installed and running well.Few months back i stopped using SAS .Now i need to work on it again So, yesterday I tried to run SAS but the same update problem was there so, I uninstalled SAS and ORACLE VM and downloaded everything allover again. But still the same problem.

I'am attaching some pics please check them once and tell me where the problem is. I need to work on it Please help me.

Regards,

Shahnaz

sas1.PNGsas2.PNGsas3.PNGsas6.PNGsas7.PNG
Super User

[ Edited ]

What version of Oracle Virtual Box are you using? 

Usually this applies but not seeing it in your case. 

https://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/trouble_error_unknown_status.htm

Consider contacting SAS Tech Support at support@sas.com

Occasional Contributor

version 5.1.10

Thank you, I'll try contacting with SAS Tech Support

Super User

What happens when you click update? A half gig file would take a bit to download and install. Give it an hour or so to complete. 

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

After clicking download, the downloading starts and ends at some point like between 30% - 54% and asks to try again. And after trying again the same thing repeats.

sas5.PNGsas7.PNG
New Contributor

I'm experiencing the same problem on Mac OSX 10.2 and Virtual Box 5.0.. Now trying to re-install everything from the beginning.. Any update on this topic?

Occasional Contributor

I reinstalled everything but doesn't work for me.

Super User

Did you contact SAS tech support?

New Contributor

I re-installed everything with the latest version available and (fortunately) for me it works... hope you'll find a solution soon
☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation