Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Getting error - ERROR: Import unsuccessful. See SAS Log for details.

Learner

Getting error - ERROR: Import unsuccessful. See SAS Log for details.

NOTE: Unable to open parameter catalog: SASUSER.PARMS.PARMS.SLIST in update mode. Temporary parameter values will be saved to
WORK.PARMS.PARMS.SLIST.

I am getting the above mentioned error while importing data from the myfolders. 
Super User

Re: Getting error - ERROR: Import unsuccessful. See SAS Log for details.

Posted in reply to NivasKandasamy

Somethings wrong in your import code.

Contributor

Re: Getting error - ERROR: Import unsuccessful. See SAS Log for details.

Posted in reply to NivasKandasamy

Hi,

The NOTE: you included in the body of your post is not related to the ERROR: message in the title of your post.  The sasuser libref in University Edition is read only and can't be used for tempoary storage.  The work libref will work fine.

If you could include additional information from your SAS log we coud be more precises in helping.

I have gotten the 'ERROR: Import unsuccessful...' error when importing a csv file.  I have previously exported a csv file from University Edition and stored it in a subdirectory under the myfiles.  I then right clicked on the file in the left panel and selected the import option to generate a program.  I ran the program and got this log:

64 FILENAME REFFILE "/folders/myfolders/Excel/sas7b/CLASS.csv" TERMSTR=CR;
66 PROC IMPORT DATAFILE=REFFILE
67 DBMS=CSV
68 OUT=WORK.IMPORT;
69 GETNAMES=YES;
70 RUN;

NOTE: Unable to open parameter catalog: SASUSER.PARMS.PARMS.SLIST in update mode. Temporary parameter values will be saved to
WORK.PARMS.PARMS.SLIST.
Unable to sample external file, no data in first 5 records.
ERROR: Import unsuccessful. See SAS Log for details.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

If something like this is what you got, the problem is the TERMSTR=CR option on the filename.  Go to the 'settings' tab and change the 'End of line delimiter' to 'Line feed' and re-run the program.  My csv file was generated in University Edition so it has the Linux end of lines or LF's.  Windows uses CR or LFCR.  Since there are no CR's in the Linux csv file SAS is importing it as a single record and there aren't 5 records to process in the import.

Paul

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation