Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Frequently sudden log out from SAS studio log in after every couple of minutes

New Contributor

Frequently sudden log out from SAS studio log in after every couple of minutes

Hi,

I'm facing a problem that during working in SA studio, suddenly it's getting automatically logged out after every couple of minutes and henceforth I'm not being able to do a single coding complete till now.

It's creating a massive problem for me as I'm unable to practice learning.

Please look after the issue urgently as my classes are going on and I'm sitting idle.

I'll be truly thankful if you kindly resolve or guide me how to resolve it on urgent basis.

Thanks & regards,

Sampad Biswas
SAS academics user id - sampad19840
Super User

Re: Frequently sudden log out from SAS studio log in after every couple of minutes

Posted in reply to SAMPAD19840

You're using Academics On Demand? There was an update today so make sure to clear your browser cache / see note on log in page. 

New Contributor

Re: Frequently sudden log out from SAS studio log in after every couple of minutes

I knew that issue and I cleared also browser cache. But, point is that it's
started not from 8.4.17, before that. I created my log in on 01.04.17 and
from that day itself this problem is happening.

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
Super User

SAMPAD19840 wrote:
I knew that issue and I cleared also browser cache. But, point is that it's
started not from 8.4.17, before that. I created my log in on 01.04.17 and
from that day itself this problem is happening.

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##

So this isn't new behaviour for you? I'm assuming you've tried the default ideas:

Try a different browser

Auto time out in settings to never or a long time 

If you're absolutely stuck you can try SAS UE but you'll need to download both the image and Oracle Virtual Box and have a 64 bit machine. It doesn't have everything SAS AoD has installed. 

Super User

I couldn't log in either but got a blank screen Smiley Sad

Unfortunately SAS Support is likely unavailable until Monday morning, NC US time. 

Super User

There might be some network component (firewall, router) between you and the server that drops the connection after a given time.

Try working from different clients in different locations. If the problem persists, it is server-side.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation