Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Formulas that Power and Sample Size application is based on

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Formulas that Power and Sample Size application is based on

Hi there,

I am looking to find formulas for determining sample sizes for correlation and regression analysis. I am using SAS Studio.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
3 weeks ago
SAS Employee

Re: Formulas that Power and Sample Size application is based on

Posted in reply to student_222

student_222,

Could you please clarify what you are looking for?  

Is it that you have used the Power and Sample Size Application and you are interested in similar functionality within SAS Studio?  If so, then I would look at the SAS Studio Task Reference Guide and specifically the tasks in the Power and Sample Size category (which includes a task for correlation and a task for regression).

Or is it that you are already using those tasks, but you want to learn more about the underlying methodology of PROC POWER, the procedure used by those tasks?  If so, then I would look at the PROC POWER documentation.  

If it is something else, or the above suggestions do not answer your question, then please let me know.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
3 weeks ago
SAS Employee

student_222,

Could you please clarify what you are looking for?  

Is it that you have used the Power and Sample Size Application and you are interested in similar functionality within SAS Studio?  If so, then I would look at the SAS Studio Task Reference Guide and specifically the tasks in the Power and Sample Size category (which includes a task for correlation and a task for regression).

Or is it that you are already using those tasks, but you want to learn more about the underlying methodology of PROC POWER, the procedure used by those tasks?  If so, then I would look at the PROC POWER documentation.  

If it is something else, or the above suggestions do not answer your question, then please let me know.

New Contributor

Posted in reply to BrianGaines

Brian Gaines, 

Thank you for your quick and helpful response.

As you mentioned in your post, I am currently using those tasks and I would like to understand the underlying methodology of PROC POWER. More specifically, I would like to know if there is any information on how to carry out the sample size calculations for these procedures by hand. 

I will scan through the PROC POWER documentation.

Thanks again.

SAS Employee

You're welcome!  If you still have question after looking at the PROC POWER documentation, then please post back.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation