Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Failed to Open a Session for the virtual machine SAS University Edition

New User

Failed to Open a Session for the virtual machine SAS University Edition

Getting all the way down to the step where the VirtualBox Machine>Start navigation occurs. I click on Machine>Start and a black screen appears for 1/2 second and then its gone and I have "Failed to Open a Session for the virtual machine SAS University Edition".

Anybody know whats happening. Its a Windows 10 machine running Chrome.

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Failed to Open a Session for the virtual machine SAS University Edition

Hi, @jgraceoma. That could be a number of things. Did the import of the OVA file seem to be successful for you? It sounds like it did.

It might be an issue with permissions, such that the VM cannot write to the location where it is installed, but more likely, I think it might already have a session running in some way.

I would reboot your host (Windows 10) machine and see if that fixes it. Let us know!

Thanks,

Randy

SAS Employee

Following up on what @RandyMullis said, if you're still getting this error message after rebooting your machine, please click the details tab in the error message window and copy and paste it in your next post. 

Occasional Learner

I have experienced the same phenomenon as the user. After rebooting, the error message still remains the same, as per the below (and attached for the bigger picture). Sounds like I need to go and change something in my CPU modes but I do not know where on my machine I need to go to in order to do so. Hope you can help! Thx!

VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes (VERR_VMX_MSR_ALL_VMX_DISABLED).

Result Code:

E_FAIL (0x80004005)

Component:

ConsoleWrap

Interface:

IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

SAS University Edition - run error.PNG
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @jubuc888. Please see this video for how to enable virtualization in your BIOS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7T75Co_dQg

Thanks,

Randy

SAS University Edition requires that you have virtualization enabled in order to run properly. Many computers may have virtualization disabled by default. This video shows you how to enable virtualization in your system's firmware. SUBSCRIBE TO THE SAS SOFTWARE YOUTUBE CHANNEL ...
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation