Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Error message

Occasional Contributor

Error message

Hello All,

I would like to see for solution in resolving an error message I recieve when I open the virtualbox.

I get a black screen with plenty figure without any meaning. See attached for the screen shot.

I will be happy for assistance.

Edmund

Untitled.png
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Error message

I suspect your OVA file did not download completely. What is the size of the SAS University Edition file you downloaded? Another possiblity is if you changed any of the default settings. Might that be the case?

These are the two items which I suspect might be the problem.

Randy

Super User

It looks like you've changed somethings you shouldn't have.

For one the VM settings shouldn't have changed the OS should still be Redhat Linux. 

Start again and follow the instructions. You may still run into errors, but we should also be able to help you with those. 

Occasional Contributor

The size of the ova file was 2.1GB. The VirtualBox or SAS has been working all throughout last week. As far as I know, I didn't change any setting.  

I don't know how this could be resolved.

Super User

Try restarting the VM?

Did you try to do an update?

Occasional Contributor

Yes, VM has been restarted. The laptop has also been restarted but I face the same problem.

Super User

You may be stuck with starting over from scratch. It's possible that the VM updated without you realizing it, can you check the version?

SAS Employee

Kydanso,

After reviewing your screenshots, it looks like your operating system may have been changed to Mac OS 64-bit.

This will need to be changed back to the default setting, Linux Redhat 64-bit.

If you are still experiencing the issue after making the change, please delete the virtual machine and reimport the University Edition OVA file, leaving all default settings intact. 

-Jimmy

Occasional Contributor

I think my original OS was macOS and not Linux. In fact when I checked it now, its stuck and I can't change it (see attached). 

Is your second suggestion that I delete the VM and "re-install" it? This is like starting all over again. DO I really still have my old analysed files. Are there any precaution to take doing this with Mac OS.  

Edmund

Untitled.png
Super User

All your files should be saved in myfolders you can copy them from there for a back up if desired.

To change the settings, you need to shut down the VM first and then change them.

SAS Employee

Reeza is correct.

You cannot change the settings while the VM is running. Please power it off using "Send the shutdown signal", then change the operating system settings.

In regards to your data, if your myfolders were configured properly, then all of your data should be in that folder. 

-Jimmy

Occasional Contributor

Hello All,

Thanks for the assistance. It's working after managing to change the OX to Linux.

Thanks once again.

Edmund

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation