Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Error in PROC EXPORT

Occasional Contributor

Error in PROC EXPORT

I am using SAS University Edition and trying to export a SAS file from work library to shared folder.

I am using PROC EXPORT to save a file :

sas5.PNG

I am getting an error:

sas6.PNG

What does "/opt/sasinside/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp" signifies ? How can i save/export my file ?

Super User

Re: Error in PROC EXPORT

Super User

Re: Error in PROC EXPORT

The technical reason for this:

SAS UE runs in a virtual machine that is actually a virtual Linux computer. Therefore, you have to use UNIX-style syntax for file and path names.

A UNIX path name that does not start with a forward slash is considered to be "relative", and starts with the Current Working Directory of the issuing process. With SAS UE, that is /opt/sasinside/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp.

UNIX path names that start with a slash are considered "absolute", and start at the root directory of the system.

To communicate with the host system (the computer on which the virtual machine is started) on a file level, SAS UE uses a "shared folder"; the internal UNIX name should be /folders/myfolders (note the leading slash), the name on the Windows side (in your case) is C:\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation