Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

ERROR while launching SAS University edition (ERROR: Intel VTX - x is disabled)

Contributor

ERROR while launching SAS University edition (ERROR: Intel VTX - x is disabled)

Dear team,

I installed SAS university edition for practice purpose on my personal laptop and facing one issue, not sure if any one of you faced such issue as it varies laptop to laptop. But since it's SAS product so you may be able to provide some workaround.

As per attached three screenshot, when I try to run virtual machine with SAS university edition, it throws error. After some google search, I could find recommended solution as to change BIOS setting to enable virtualization setting as 'enabled' by default it's disabled. But I couldn't find BIOS firmware setting as per attached screenshot of WIndows 8 setting (Firmware setting option not visible.jpg) or even inside BIOS setting screenshot, taken from handset camera (BIOS Screenshot.jpg). My laptop is Lenovo Y550 Y series.

Please help me if this is a known issue and I hope it's a known issue, as SAS university edition software was installed by 1 million users Smiley Happy. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Firmware setting option not visible.JPGError At Run Virtual Machine.jpgBIOS Screenshot.JPG
SAS Employee

Re: ERROR while launching SAS University edition (ERROR: Intel VTX - x is disabled)

Hello, I have moved your question from the Generic Discussion section into the SAS Analytics U community so that you might get a faster response.

SAS Employee

Re: ERROR while launching SAS University edition (ERROR: Intel VTX - x is disabled)

Hi Gaurav,

There is a topic in the troubleshooting section of the FAQ with a link to a SAS Installation Note that might be of help:

Why am I seeing an error stating that VT-x or AMD-v is not available?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation