Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /opt/sasinside/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/FILEPATH.

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /opt/sasinside/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/FILEPATH.

Hi I am trying to do the setup for SAS Studio University edition.

While going through the steps under Task2 to set up the data for Practice  in SAS University edition i am getting this error.

I did completed the Step1:

And got a message that Libref ORION was successfully assigned.

1 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
62 %let path=FILEPATH;
63 libname orion "/folders/myfolders/sasuser.v94/ecprg193";
NOTE: Libref ORION was successfully assigned as follows:
Engine: V9
Physical Name: /folders/myfolders/sasuser.v94/ecprg193
65 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎02-09-2018 08:20 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /opt/sasinside/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/FILEPATH.

Posted in reply to not4ukumar

Hi:

Here are set of screen shots that illustrate how you find the path name you need for the setup on SAS University Edition.

Cynthia

We recommend that you write the files to your shared folder location in a new folder that you create called ECPRG193, for Programming 1 (NOT to SASUSER location).

1) Make folder for class in Shared folder location

_1_make_folder_for_class.png

2) After make folder, Right click and see properties to get correct path

_2_right_click_see_folder_properties_note_correct_path.png

3) Note how path in properties window was used for %LET statement and LIBNAME statement in the LOG

_3_after_setup_task_1_LIBNAME.png

4) Copy code from Step 2 popup window into New Program window in SAS Studio

_5_code_pasted_in_editor_window.png

5) After Task 2 code runs, should see PROC CONTENTS in results window and should see SAS files in the folder that was created for the class

_6_after_Task2_code_runs_in_SAS_Univ_Edition.png

6) Note the folder name in the PROC CONTENTS output. THIS is the location of your data files.

proc_contents_location_ue_pg1.png

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Re: ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /opt/sasinside/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/FILEPATH.

[ Edited ]

Are you sure you are following the instructions for SAS UE?

It has it own set of instructions and I don't think it uses the SASUser library which I think is locked down in SAS UE

not4ukumar wrote:

Hi I am trying to do the setup for SAS Studio University edition.

While going through the steps under Task2 to set up the data for Practice  in SAS University edition i am getting this error.

I did completed the Step1:

And got a message that Libref ORION was successfully assigned.

1 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
62 %let path=FILEPATH;
63 libname orion "/folders/myfolders/sasuser.v94/ecprg193";
NOTE: Libref ORION was successfully assigned as follows:
Engine: V9
Physical Name: /folders/myfolders/sasuser.v94/ecprg193
65 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

New Contributor

Yes i Am following the steps mentioned below:   Task 2: Create the practice files for the course — you only have to do this once.

1. In the Files and Folders pane, click New New tool and select SAS Program.

2. Click here to open a popup window with the SAS code that creates your practice data. Select all of the code (Ctrl+A or Command+A) and then copy it (Ctrl+C or Command+C). 

3. Paste the code (Ctrl+V or Command+V) into the Code tab in SAS Studio. 

4. Click RunSubmit tool to submit the program to SAS. This program creates the practice files in the ecprg193 folder. 

5. After the code runs, the Results tab displays two tables. The second table lists the data sets that the program created. Check the log to verify that there are no errors or warnings. There will be many notes because SAS writes a note for each data set that the program creates.

NOTE: If your program does not run successfully, make sure you completed all the steps in Task 1 correctly.
  6. On the Code tab, click Clear All code Clear All tool. You have set up your practice data and you are ready to work in SAS Studio. 

NOTE: Unless you delete your practice files folder, you do not need to perform this task again (if you are using SAS University Edition on AWS Marketplace, see the note below).

IMPORTANT: Each time you start SAS Studio to practice in this course, navigate to the ecprg193 folder in the Files and Folders pane and double-click setup.sas to open it. After you run the program, you can access your practice data in the orion library. Each practice page reminds you to define the orion library and has a link to this setup page.

Super User

It's possible you created the folder in the wrong location

Try setting the orion library to this instead:

options dlcreatedir;
%let path = /folders/myfolders/ecprg193;
libname orion "&path";

And then running the code in the link. 

Solution
‎02-09-2018 08:20 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Here are set of screen shots that illustrate how you find the path name you need for the setup on SAS University Edition.

Cynthia

We recommend that you write the files to your shared folder location in a new folder that you create called ECPRG193, for Programming 1 (NOT to SASUSER location).

1) Make folder for class in Shared folder location

_1_make_folder_for_class.png

2) After make folder, Right click and see properties to get correct path

_2_right_click_see_folder_properties_note_correct_path.png

3) Note how path in properties window was used for %LET statement and LIBNAME statement in the LOG

_3_after_setup_task_1_LIBNAME.png

4) Copy code from Step 2 popup window into New Program window in SAS Studio

_5_code_pasted_in_editor_window.png

5) After Task 2 code runs, should see PROC CONTENTS in results window and should see SAS files in the folder that was created for the class

_6_after_Task2_code_runs_in_SAS_Univ_Edition.png

6) Note the folder name in the PROC CONTENTS output. THIS is the location of your data files.

proc_contents_location_ue_pg1.png

New Contributor

Posted in reply to Cynthia_sas
Thanks It worked.
Super User

Note that I've moved this to the SAS Analytics U forum rather than SAS Studio. SAS UE is a version of SAS Studio, but a customized locked down/limited version.
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation