Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

ERROR: File AH.T1TO5_2017_LANG7.DATA does not exist.

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

ERROR: File AH.T1TO5_2017_LANG7.DATA does not exist.

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to pick up where I left off in SAS University Edition after 2 months so I'm rusty. I had to update SAS in the meantime, which may have messed up something.

When I try to print some data from an existing table, SAS says it doesn't exist. 

I wrote: 

libname AH '/folders/myfolders/';

The message said: Libref AH was successfully assigned as follows: Engine: V9 Physical Name: /folders/myfolders

I then wrote: 

proc print data = AH.T1to5_2017_lang7;
var npid;
run;

I then receive the error message:  ERROR: File AH.T1TO5_2017_LANG7.DATA does not exist.

Meanwhile, I can see the table (that doesn't exist) under short cuts and can open it as well.

I'll mention that when I first open up the SAS host page, I see the message 

A shared folder named "myfolders" was not found on the virtual machine. See the FAQ for details.

I'm not sure if this is relevant to my problem. I have several times followed the steps for creating a shared folder in virtual box and I also see the contents of my shared folder in the side bar of the SAS studio page.

I've been stuck for hours; any help will be appreciated.

Thank you!  

Alyssa

Accepted Solutions
Solution
2 weeks ago
Contributor

Re: ERROR: File AH.T1TO5_2017_LANG7.DATA does not exist.

I decided to give up on solving the issue. Instead, I started with a previous table saved to my email and recreated all the tables I lost (in myfolders) using the code I saved. This problem is solved. thank you. Although I am curious as to why the problem occurred in the first place. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Trusted Advisor

Spelling error perhaps? Your code has the number 1 and letter O and number 0, these could easily be some similar shaped letter in the real data set that you say you can open.

Contributor

There are no errors in the code. I've checked many times. I cannot open any of my tables. 

Super User

Trouble shooting ideas:

Copy the file name directly from the short cuts

Make it all lower case in the folder and then try and access it.

Contributor

the name is all lower case and has no spelling errors. I have copied at pasted the name directly from the file folder. it is identical. However, the same error message continues Smiley Sad 

Contributor

the name is all lower case and has no spelling errors. I have copied at pasted the name directly from the file folder. it is identical. However, the same error message continues.

Super User

Post your code, log, and some screenshots of the error and file in the myfolders set up please.

I suspect your myfolders is not set up properly. 

You should also try restarting your VM to make sure any changes have taken effect. Note this isn't a pause or suspend, you need to restart the VM. 

Contributor

This info may be relevant: 

When I first open up the SAS host page, I see the message:

A shared folder named "myfolders" was not found on the virtual machine. See the FAQ for details.

However, I have several times followed the 2 steps for creating a shared folder in virtual box and I also see the contents of my shared folder in the side bar of the SAS studio page. So I can't understand why this message would show up. 

Super User

Can you post a screenshot of your my folders in the Windows browser and in the VM?

Contributor

Here it is: 

Contributor

I'm not sure how to save the picture with a valid extension. 

Super User

Add using either photos in the forum box - JPG, PNG are usually fine

or add an Attachment, jpg works fine for me as well.

Contributor

I suspect you're correct about the myfolders set up because as I said above: 

When I first open up the SAS host page, I see the message:

However, I have several times followed the 2 steps for creating a shared folder in virtual box and I also see the contents of my shared folder in the side bar of the SAS studio page. So I can't understand why this message would show up. 

I'm having a lot of trouble uploading screenshots. what would be the fix to this problem other than following the 2 steps again - which i've done so many times and it doesn't help?

Super User

Try adding them as photos rather than attachment. 

delete_photo.JPG

Contributor

jpeg does not work. the message says: The file screenshot of error message.jpg does not have a valid extension for an attachment and has been removed. sas,txt,csv,zip,pdf,ics,sx,sxs,doc,docx,xls,xlsx,egp,sav,sas7bdat,ctm,ctk,rtf are the valid extensions.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 44 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 in conversation