Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Accepted Solution

ERROR: File AH.T1TO5_2017_LANG7.DATA does not exist.

Contributor

Re: ERROR: File AH.T1TO5_2017_LANG7.DATA does not exist.

Is there any way to have a phone conversation??  I'm trying to follow your chat instructions which are very confusing and it seems like I may have ruined many months worth of my full time unpaid work towards my dissertation! This is terrifying me. On top of it all, I've spent nearly 3 full time days trying to resolve this issue in SAS via this chat forum and it seems like this method is not working. I need real help here. Can I speak with a live agent? 

Community Manager

@AlyssaH - send mail to support@sas.com, include your description and reference this thread (provide the URL).  That will open a case for you.

Contributor

I sent an email! Will this allow for me to chat with a live agent by phone? Or have a screen share? 

Super User

Do you have the original data? 
I would consider replacing the data and trying it again. 

Contributor

My computer says there are no previous versions of my tables or the myfolders folder available for restoring. I have the original data but this would take me back to where I was in May.. I'd lose months of work to start again. Is there a better solution? 

Contributor

Are you saying that installing the sas update OR renaming MyFolders to myfolders ruined all my data saved in the MyFolders file?? How could this be the case? I'm very confused as I was instructed to rename. 

Community Manager

If needed, yes.  Won't be a chat probably, but Tech Support does use the phone and/or web conferencing tools when needed. However, I'll tell you that most cases like these are resolved via e-mail.

Solution
2 weeks ago
Contributor

I decided to give up on solving the issue. Instead, I started with a previous table saved to my email and recreated all the tables I lost (in myfolders) using the code I saved. This problem is solved. thank you. Although I am curious as to why the problem occurred in the first place. 

Super User

I think you had two things going on:

1. Wrong myfolders setup

2. Files were initially corrupted or in an attempt to read them you accidentally erased the contents. I'm leaning more towards the first because the variables were listed but not the rows. 

I'm glad it's working now for you. Good Luck Smiley Happy

Super User

Please post your code and a screenshot of whatever is making you think your files are empty. One thing is to look at the size, do the file sizes make sense or are they all two small (ie 5k?)

Contributor

image.png

Contributor

image.png  no observations or rows

Contributor

128 K - columns are still there but no rows! this is the case for all of my tables.

image.png

Super User
Super User

If you can see the .sas7bdat file in the /folders/myfolders/ directory in the file GUI in SAS/STUDIO then click on the file and select properties and copy and paste the filename into your program.

Also make sure that the physical file name is in all lowercase letters.  SAS/UE is running on Unix and SAS will look for a physical file that is lowercase.  If your physical file is named T1to5_2017_lang7.sas7bdat or T1to5_2017_lang7.SAS7BDAT then SAS will not see it. The file needs to be named t1to5_2017_lang7.sas7bdat .

Contributor

the name is all lower case and has no spelling errors. I have copied at pasted the name directly from the file folder. it is identical. However, the same error message continues.

I am hoping for a solution other than check spelling because it is not spelling or case sensitivity. 

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 44 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 in conversation