Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Accepted Solution

ERROR: File AH.T1TO5_2017_LANG7.DATA does not exist.

Super User

Re: ERROR: File AH.T1TO5_2017_LANG7.DATA does not exist.

[ Edited ]

@ChrisHemedingerJPGs are not allowed any more?

Community Manager

Use the Photos button on the toolbar to add a photo inline.  Standard image types are permitted as inline images, not as file attachments.

Super User
Super User

ChrisHemedinger wrote:

Use the Photos button on the toolbar to add a photo inline.  Standard image types are permitted as inline images, not as file attachments.

And you can just paste in a image that you have in the Windows clipboard. No need to first save it as a file.

Contributor

Super User

myfolders has to be lowercase in the Windows side as well. 

Your path should show:

myfolders.

But...if it's connected to the shared folder anyways, when you right click the file and get the properties the path should look like:

/folders/myshortcuts/MyFolders/....

You still haven't posted your full code and error messages, so I genuinely suspect it really is a case issue. 

Super User
Super User

Reeza wrote:

myfolders has to be lowercase in the Windows side as well. 

Your path should show:

myfolders.

But...if it's connected to the shared folder anyways, when you right click the file and get the properties the path should look like:

/folders/myshortcuts/MyFolders/....

You still haven't posted your full code and error messages, so I genuinely suspect it really is a case issue. 

The folder name on the WINDOWS side can be anything. That is the whole idea of the mapping.

Contributor

I changed MyFolders to myfolders, then shutdown and restarted virtual box. Now it finally recognizes my table! Hurrah! However, now all of my tables suddenly have no observations in them!! And it tells me that my variables don't exist when I try proc print:

1 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
62 proc print data = AH.t1to5_2017_lang2;
64 run;

NOTE: No observations in data set AH.T1TO5_2017_LANG2.
NOTE: PROCEDURE PRINT used (Total process time):
real time 0.00 seconds
cpu time 0.01 seconds

Super User
Super User

[ Edited ]

Looks to me like you defined a shared folder in your VM using the wrong folder name.

In you screen shot you used a folder named MyFolders but I think that SAS is looking for a folder name myfolders.  Unix directory names are case sensitive.

It might be that the VM mapping worked so the GUI tool can see the files, but since the SAS process itself is running in a lock down state it might not let you access the folder from SAS code if it is not at the right location.

image.png

Contributor

I changed MyFolders to "myfolders" in windows and reselected  "myfolders" through my virtual box. Then I received an error message about a broken shared folders. This must be the problem, but I'm not sure how to solve it. I've attached a pdf of the image. I can't seem to use the photo option as it's bugging on my computer. 

Super User
Super User

[ Edited ]

Edit screen should look like this (that vertical line at the end of the windows path is the cursor). Make sure that there are no extra blanks or other hidden characters. It should not matter what the windows path is as long as it is on your Windows machine and you can read and write to it.

image.png

Super User

Delete all shared folders. 

Restart your computer. 

Add the shared folders again in the VM

Then restart the browser session and check everything. The error message can be cached for a bit sometimes. 

If you're using the Windows Snipping Tool, take the screenshot and the click the icon that looks like two pages and CTRL+V into the forum post. 

Contributor

After updating /reinstalling sas university edition, and following these instructions, all of my tables saved in myfolders have zero rows and zero observations. I"m feeling very worried - what happened to all of my data? 

Super User

Did you rename or delete your old folders?

If you deleted the folder then it's gone. If you created a new one, check your old folders in the Windows browser. 

Deleting the VM shared folders shouldn't have changed anything.

Super User

I realize my instructions were vague Smiley Sad
It should have read - delete shared folders in Virtual Box. I'm sorry if you deleted them from windows. If you navigate to the parent folder, click properties and previous versions you can sometimes recover any old files.
Contributor

I did not delete my folders. I simply renamed MyFolders to myfolders in windows as I was requested to do in this thread. 

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 44 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 in conversation