Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED UNABLE TO LAUNCH SAS STUDIO

Frequent Learner

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED UNABLE TO LAUNCH SAS STUDIO

Greetings to All,

I need your help resolving this issue, not able to launch SAS Studio. When I navigate to http://localhost:10080 I receive "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" Seems to me that the firewall may be blocking it. I would think that the installation which I followed from the great documentation and video would automatically add the rule to allow this connection. 

Can some one please give me some instructions as to how to add the correct rule to the firewall to allow this to work. Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,...

SAS Super FREQ

Re: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED UNABLE TO LAUNCH SAS STUDIO

Hi, @gopesuka. That error could be from a firewall, but it could also be that the port isn't listening for connections.

Do you see messages in the VirtualBox or VMWare console indicating that all is well? The console might look like this:

If you are not seeing this, it may be your SAS University Edition VM isn't starting properly.

If you are seeing this, I would create an exception for this port on your machine. You will need to consult your documentation, since different firewalls do it differently. If you are running a firewall, you might also want to try turning it off just to see if it works; if it doesn't, you know that's not your problem.

I hope this helps!

(I will say, too, that my favorite technique is to go to the port in telnet and see if it answers. If you've not used a telnet client, this may be more than you want to tackle, though it's not hard.)

Randy

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation