Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Download new SAS without un-installing previous one.

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Download new SAS without un-installing previous one.

Hi Everyone,

I want to use new version of SAS Studio, but unfortunately I am unable to update it. Can I download it again from the link:

http://www.sas.com/en_us/software/university-edition/download-software.html

Is there any need to un-install the previous version of SAS. I want to install it without un-installing previous version.

Thanks.

Ramanujam

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-13-2016 01:33 AM
SAS Employee

Re: Download new SAS without un-installing previous one.

All Replies
Super User

University Edition is a virtual image of a Linux system with SAS installed. It is treated like a data file by the virtualising software.

So I guess you can have several of those images stored on your computer.

Don't know if Virtualbox (or other SW) can run two or more of those side-by side, though. And if it's possible, be very careful when accessing the Shared Folder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Contributor

So, what should I do, I want new version.

Solution
‎04-13-2016 01:33 AM
SAS Employee

Take a look at http://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/vmapp_multipleversions.htm to understand how to run multiple versions/

Contributor

Thanks, for your best reply, but I thought that by installing SAS Studio Again by using Import Appliance option in Oracle VM VirtualBox will over-write on old version. I am not intersting in keeping old versions of SAS unnecessarily  on my computer.

So, please reconsider my problem as:-

I want to upgrade my SAS, but unfortunately it is not getting update  (as you know, a message of Try Again comes).

So, I decided to uninstall the previous version completely and then again install latest version. 

Please review the following attached document, it will give information what I have tried to do till now.

Thanks,

Ramanuj

Contributor

Hi,

Thanks, for your best reply, but I thought that by installing SAS Studio Again by using Import Appliance option in Oracle VM VirtualBox will over-write on old version. I am not intersting in keeping old versions of SAS unnecessarily  on my computer.

So, please reconsider my problem as:-

I want to upgrade my SAS, but unfortunately it is not getting update  (as you know, a message of Try Again comes).

So, I decided to uninstall the previous version completely and then again install latest version. 

1. First I have reviewed the article given on:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/webeditorag/67158/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n15srik80misio...

And given the command on Command Prompt (Admin.)

configuration-directory/sasstudio.sh stop

And also some others.

But following message appears:

01.png

2. Then I have reviewed the following documentation:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/webeditorag/67158/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1n1b421tbgczc...

But SAS is not listed in my programs list. 

And if I search it in my windows. Then:-

03.png

If I click above highlighted option, then ‘Oracle VM VirtualBox’ gets start running.

3. So finally I guessed to remove SAS from Oracle VM VirtualBox by right-clicking on SAS University Edition and click remove:

04.png

And then click on Delete all files: -

05.png

However, I have not done it till. So my question is which option should I click “Delete All Files” or “Remove Only”?

I want to uninstall SAS Studio (old) and then install New one. (I don’t want to keep both). So Should I proceed further by clicking “Delete All files” or “Remove only”?

Is there any alternative to do the same (or Am I wrong to uninstall SAS by this way?)

Please Guide Me.

Thanks

Ramanuj

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation