Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Do not get software access option after launching a SAS University instance on Amazon EC2

New Contributor

Do not get software access option after launching a SAS University instance on Amazon EC2

I have installed the SAS University software in my AWS account. Below is my instance id. But I do not see the option to access the software. I did restart the SAS instance but still I do not get the access software instance. 

Please help

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Do not get software access option after launching a SAS University instance on Amazon EC2

If you go to the page which show your software:

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/library/

do you not see an "Access Software" link beside the running SAS University Edition link?

It should look like this screen shot. 

kaplan.PNG
New Contributor

Re: Do not get software access option after launching a SAS University instance on Amazon EC2

I do not see that attached is what I see

SASScreenshot.jpg
Occasional Learner

I do face similiar issue. I dont get the option to lunch the software after the instance is configured.

can you please hel to resolve it?

AWS_SAS.gif
SAS Super FREQ

I'm not certain what to think, @kalpanareddy, but I wonder if it has to do with keypair. I know that SAS University Edition cannot have a keypair associated with it. I believe I've seen instances where users with security keys are not able to access it  I see that you have several other software instances running on Amazon so perhaps that's the situation.

Do you happen to know if you have a keypair associated with your SAS University Edition instance?

New Contributor

I created the instance wiothout the key pair. Other instances are nothing but Linux software. Does this instance need to have a Public IP associated for it to work??

SAS Super FREQ

Yes, the instance should have a Public DNS. Do you see that in your AWS EC2 console?

New Contributor

Assigning a publc ip to the  AWS instance did the trick 

Thanks a ton RandyMullis

SAS Super FREQ

Excellent! Thanks for using SAS University Edition!

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation