Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Codes from SAS 9.4 are not running on SAS University Edition

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Codes from SAS 9.4 are not running on SAS University Edition

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have several codes written for SAS 9.4 that simply do not work on SAS University Edition. An example and the error log from SAS University Edition are attached. Is that expected? Do you have any idea what should I change to have it working?

Thanks for you feedback.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎08-16-2016 01:37 PM
Super User

Re: Codes from SAS 9.4 are not running on SAS University Edition

It may not be a 1:1 switch over for code for sure. Especially if you're working on 9.4 on a desktop and now working with SAS UE, it's more like switching to using SAS via a Unix Server. 

In this particular case, it looks like you have TABS as your delimiter rather than spaces. Perhaps 9.4 desktop accounted for this somehow? You can specify the delimiter as a tab and then it works.

title 'BARK';
data Chlorophyll_BARK;
infile cards dlm='09'x;
input WaterDepth	Block	Chlorophyll;
WaterDepth2=WaterDepth*WaterDepth;

View solution in original post

All Replies
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @Rhuanito. Keep in mind that the SAS University Edition VM is Linux-based. Linux uses Line Feed for its line-termination character. Windows uses Carrage Return+Line Feed. If your code was written in Windows and you simply load that code into SAS University Edition, the problem may be that it doesn't know how to interpret the end-of-line characters. If you want to upload your code, I could tell for sure but I'm betting this is the issue.

If you don't know how to fix it, there are a number of ways. I won't offer them here unless needed. Just let me know!

New Contributor

Posted in reply to RandyMullis

Hello @RandyMullis, thanks for your immediate reply. That does make sense. I already attached the code and the log error to the original message. Check you can see on this message.

I don't know how to fix it, and your inputs will be greatly appreciated ;o)

New Contributor

Posted in reply to RandyMullis

@RandyMullis the indication of TABS as my delimiter fixed the issue, thanks for your willing to help, I do appreciate that!

Solution
‎08-16-2016 01:37 PM
Super User

It may not be a 1:1 switch over for code for sure. Especially if you're working on 9.4 on a desktop and now working with SAS UE, it's more like switching to using SAS via a Unix Server. 

In this particular case, it looks like you have TABS as your delimiter rather than spaces. Perhaps 9.4 desktop accounted for this somehow? You can specify the delimiter as a tab and then it works.

title 'BARK';
data Chlorophyll_BARK;
infile cards dlm='09'x;
input WaterDepth	Block	Chlorophyll;
WaterDepth2=WaterDepth*WaterDepth;
New Contributor

Hi @Reeza the TABS as delimiter worked just fine on SAS 9.4 but not on SAS University Edition. You are absolutely correct. Just adding that line of code fixed the issue. Thank you very much for your time! 

SAS Super FREQ

You'll never go wrong listening to @Reeza !

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation