Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Cannot connect to host address

New Contributor

Cannot connect to host address

Hi all. I am trying to use SAS Univ Edition. License had expired and was experiencing problems with updates, so I completely removed and reinstallled the program. Now I cannot get connect to the local host site once I have powered up Virtual Box. Can anyone help? I have tried looking at loads of other posts, but nothing I try seems to help. Thanks in advance.

The rejection in google chrome, if it helps:

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
SAS Employee

Re: Cannot connect to host address

Hello, @mnherba!

It's possible that a setting was changed during the new import or that the OVA file was corrupted somehow. I'd like you to try a few things before we look at removing and reimporting! I apologize if I am suggesting anything you have already tried, but I don't want to skip a step just in case! Also, are you experiencing similar difficulties in other browsers or just in Chrome?

1. Please clear the cache and cookies in your browser. 

2. I also want to verify that you did already check the proxy server settings. You can do this by:

• Opening control panel
  • Selecting Internet Options
  • Going to the Connections tab
  • Click on LAN Setting
  • checking to ensure that "Use a proxy server for this connection" is unchecked

3. Disable your anti-virus just in case it is causing interference. If after disabling and restarting the browser, you still have this error message, please re-enable. 

4. Setup Maximum Transmission Unit & reset netsh winsock. I'm including a really helpful link for these 2 separate steps. The link has extensive screenshots to help walk you through it.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-err-connection-reset/

Please let me know if you are continuing to receive that error message!

Caroline

New Contributor

Thanks for your response! I went in and tried all of this. Still having connection issues. I also have tried internet explorer with a similar outcome. 

SAS Employee

Hey, @mnherba!

I'm sorry that you are still experiencing connection issues. Let's try removing the virtual machine and doing a brand new import.

After doing these steps, please let me know if the issue persists! 

Thank you,

Caroline 

New Contributor

I am sorry for not responding sooner. I have had an opportunity to uninstall the SAS vapp and reinstall it into virtual box. It is still giving me the same rejections when I try to connect.

SAS Employee

Hey, @mnherba!

No worries! I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue. Would you mind verifying that you are leaving the virtual machine that displays the URL up and running when trying to connect?

Also, please take a look at this SAS Problem Note to double check that what you see in VirtualBox matches the settings in the note.

Hope this helps!

Caroline

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation