Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Cannot connect to SAS University software (SAS studio) with addresss provided

Contributor

I am using VMware Player. I open virtual machine; play virtual machine after selecting the SAS icon but when I type the ip address into a browser it cannot display the page.

I just downloaded the latest version of Mozilla .... same thing still.

PS this is on my work computer ... I can do it fine on my home lap top

N/A

Re: Cannot connect to SAS University software (SAS studio) with addresss provided

I am also having the same problem, but instead on my home PC. I launch SAS Uni through VMware Player, get the URL and it does not work in my browsers. I have tried it through up-to-date versions of Chrome and IE, but to no avail.

Super User

Re: Cannot connect to SAS University software (SAS studio) with addresss provided

Your work computer may be forced by its settings to use a proxy, and does not have a provision to not use the proxy for the ip address of the VM. Look at how the browser is connecting to the internet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kurt

I'm trying to launch SASUniversity form my work desktop and I know that I've got to use a proxy. Is there any chance to avoid the problem with the proxy?

N/A

Since the latest download on Windows 8 I also cannot connect to SAS studio.  When I type the URL the connection times out.

Any idea what's going on?

SAS Employee

My suggestion would be to open a ticket with technical support by emailing SASAnalyticsU@sas.com.

New Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to get SAS Studio running.

Get the next message:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache PivotalWebServer Server at localhost Port 10080 

Is somethinng "down"?
Or am I doing something wrong? 
Greetings from HollandFGEilander

Occasional Contributor

Hi, I'm wondering how much tim the service will be downed. I'm trying ot
connect from my laptop. I've installed the SASUniversity in a VMWare
machine so I connect via a private IP.

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
SAS Employee

Hi FGEilander!

To correct the issue you are experiencing, please refer to the following link:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Analytics-U/Updating-SAS-University-Edition-Your-guide-to-success...

Here, Randy walks you through the updating process step-by-step. It even addresses what you should do in case the update fails.

We usually recommend downloading the newest University Edition OVA file from our Downloads page and importing a new virtual machine. You can download the new file here:

http://www.sas.com/en_us/software/university-edition/download-software.html

Once you've imported the new virtual machine, be sure to clear your browser cache and cookies, or the browser may hang on the "Service Temporarily Unavailable" page.

I hope that's helpful!

New Contributor

Thanx for your reply,

I don't think this will resolve the issue.

I downloaded the files today. Didn't have a previous installation.

Greetz,

FGEilander 

SAS Employee

You may need to delete all instances of the University Edition virtual machine from VirtualBox before proceeding with a new import.

To do this: 

1. Right-click on SAS-University Edition in Virtualbox and remove - > delete all files

2. If you are using a Windows machine, delete any SAS University Edition folder that is under: C:\Users\<User ID>\ VirtualBox VMs. If you are using a Mac, you can find the SAS University Edition folder in Macintosh HD\Users\<User ID>\VirtualBox VMs

3. Reimport the SAS University Edition virtual machine by double-clicking on the "unvbasicvapp" OVA file. Please ensure that you are using the most recent OVA file from our Downloads page. Make sure you leave all the settings in their default configuration.       Changing any settings may result in a corrupt virtual machine.

4. Clear your browser cache and cookies before accessing the local host address.

5. Remember to share your shared folder with your new virtual machine. If you're not sure how to do this, check out the following link:

https://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/shared_folder_virtualbox.htm

Let me know if this works for you.

Occasional Contributor

Hello Jimmy

That doesn't worked for me. I've just downloaded the last version of the SAS producto on the website (support.sas.com/edownload/software/DPUNVE001_VirtualBox). I've also cleaned the cookies in Internet Explorer and I've also created a brand new machine but I still have the same problem, everything goes well until I click "Start SAS strudio" and then the error message appears:

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache PivotalWebServer Server at 192.168.253.129 Port 80  I'm using VMWare in a Lenovo T430 I,ve got 8GB of RAM so the RAM isn´t the problem.

Contributor

Hello,

I have the same issue (since 1 week now). I deteled all SAS Studio files and the vurtual box, I re-installed VM virtualBox, downloaded the last version of the app, deleted cookies etc.. I tried that many times and it is always the same error message..

Apache PivotalWebServer Server at localhost Port 10080

I run a MAC OSX.
I would be grateful for any help,

Sincerely,
CD
SAS Employee

Please ensure that you are clearing your cache as well as your cookies.

Alternately, you can try using a different web browser.

Occasional Contributor

Well Jimmy

I feel a little bit sad about myself but I'e got to recognize that my problem was easy to solve. When you are in the main page where the "Start SAS Studio" button is, I hadn't seen that there is an advice that says that you have to install some updates. When I've installed those upgrades and relaunch the browser (Google Chrome or Internet Explorer) the program worked. 

Thank all the people of support for your help

SoluciónConSAS.png
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 in conversation