Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Can't find windows 64 in the list of OS. SAS Univ Ed

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can't find windows 64 in the list of OS. SAS Univ Ed

Hi! I have been having some problems installing SAS univ edition.

I have windowa 10 64bits, when I try to set the OS all the windows in my list are 32 bits.

When I first run the program I have the following error message:

error1.PNG

If I increase the base memory to 2048 I run a little further and get the second error message:

error2.PNG

If I click continue I get this one:

When I VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available on your system. Certain guests (e.g. OS/2 and QNX) require this feature and will fail to boot without it.
Afterwards I get: This kernel requires an X86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPYU. UNable to boot- please use a kernel appropiate for your CPU.

I solve in another thread that this solved this problem by choosing windows 64 bits, which is very frustrating because is not a possibility for me!

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
2 weeks ago
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Can't find windows 64 in the list of OS. SAS Univ Ed

Two issues here, @lbelluscio:

1) The VT-x error indicates that your system BIOS is set so that virtualization is disables. Please see this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7T75Co_dQg

It discusses the problem and how to fix it.

2) Once you've enabled virtualization, you need to make sure the operatiing system is set to RedHat 64-bits. Those settings are for the virtual machine, not your host machine. 

Thanks,

Randy

View solution in original post

SAS University Edition requires that you have virtualization enabled in order to run properly. Many computers may have virtualization disabled by default. This video shows you how to enable virtualization in your system's firmware. SUBSCRIBE TO THE SAS SOFTWARE YOUTUBE CHANNEL ...

All Replies
Solution
2 weeks ago
SAS Super FREQ

Two issues here, @lbelluscio:

1) The VT-x error indicates that your system BIOS is set so that virtualization is disables. Please see this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7T75Co_dQg

It discusses the problem and how to fix it.

2) Once you've enabled virtualization, you need to make sure the operatiing system is set to RedHat 64-bits. Those settings are for the virtual machine, not your host machine. 

Thanks,

Randy

SAS University Edition requires that you have virtualization enabled in order to run properly. Many computers may have virtualization disabled by default. This video shows you how to enable virtualization in your system's firmware. SUBSCRIBE TO THE SAS SOFTWARE YOUTUBE CHANNEL ...
New Contributor

Thanks Randy! I fill a little bit less ignorant right now!

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation