Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Base SAS Certification Class Alternative

Occasional Contributor

Base SAS Certification Class Alternative

I want to take the Base SAS Certification Exam. I have taken the free Programming 1 class but dont have the finances to purchases the second prep class, I have the Base SAS Certification Book and the Little SAS Book. Is this enough to prepare me for the exam or should I look for less expensive alternatives to the second SAS class? Or... are there any recomended alternatives to learning the materail for the exam?

I have a background in SAS but the exam seems to be focused on certain aspects of the language and I want my study focus to be properly directed.

Thanks in advance.

Lex

Super User

Re: Base SAS Certification Class Alternative

IMO if you understand everything in the Certification prep guide you're good to go. If you've worked through the Little SAS book as well, then the second course would be redundant. Also, once upon a time you could buy the course notes online from SAS for $100 which is much cheaper than the course and work through it yourself.

Good Luck with your exam!
SAS Super FREQ

If you are located in the United States, you can order the course notes for Programming 2 in the SAS Bookstore. Here's the link: http://www.sas.com/store/books/categories/course-notes/sas-programming-2-data-manipulation-technique...

cynthia
New Contributor

I'm thinking of doing the cert base exam too but dwindling on paying for the programming2 as that's a necessity. But it is possible to do exam with right study material and avoid programming 2? What is the best material in that case?
Super User

As mentioned above the course notes are approx $100, but I'd highly recommend the SAS certification guide as the book to use to pass the exam. Good Luck!
Contributor

The SAS Certification Prep Guide: Base Programming for SAS 9, Third Edition is $149, and it's the best deal if you are working on your Base certification.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that classroom instructors use this book in both Base SAS certification classes.

Once you are certified, you can get the SAS books for 20% off.  

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation