Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Auto-Generating ODS RTF Output from SAS University via Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Auto-Generating ODS RTF Output from SAS University via Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager

I'm using the latest (reinstalled this evening) SAS University Edition through Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager (also reinstalled), on an ASUS Q551LN laptop, running Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit). Further, I have a subscription to Microsoft Office 365 that is running Word 2016. I am trying to automatically generate ODS RTF Output into Word to no avail. The error messages I receive in the Log are: ERROR: Insufficient authorization to access /opt/sasinside/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/sasrtf.rtf. ERROR: Fatal ODS error has occurred. Unable to continue processing this output destination. WARNING: No body file. RTF output will not be created. It's obviously a permission issue related to the output destination, but I have no idea how to remedy it. I've combed through the majority of support and help sites without success. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎09-16-2016 11:08 AM
Super User

Re: Auto-Generating ODS RTF Output from SAS University via Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager

Posted in reply to BryanSquared

Your question seems to have morphed a little...

As far as I can see, there isn't a way to obtain this feature in SAS Studio UE. Usually the preferences option > View Results as Generated would allow the RTF file to be shown. However, when I enable this preference and generate an RTF file it does not open. Smiley Sad

I'll move this to SAS Analytics U, since it relates specifically to UE and the UE developers can comment. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Re: Auto-Generating ODS RTF Output from SAS University via Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager

Post your code. 

Sounds like you've incorrectly specified the output path. 

ODS rtf file='/folders/myfolders/sample.rtf' style=meadow bodytitle;

Title 'SAS UE is awesome!';
Proc print data= sashelp.class;
Run;

ODS rtf;

Navigate to your myfolders to open RTF file. Or in Servers Files Folders Pane navigate to myfolders and open or download file. 

New Contributor

No, my folder path is correctly referenced. I can get the .rtf file to save and locate it; however, I'm trying to get the file to automatically open Word and itself after saving in SAS. I've seen it done in one of my classes, but I can't get the feature to work on my home computer.
Super User

BryanSquared wrote:
No, my folder path is correctly referenced. I can get the .rtf file to save and locate it; however, I'm trying to get the file to automatically open Word and itself after saving in SAS. I've seen it done in one of my classes, but I can't get the feature to work on my home computer.

Did the example you saw in use SAS University Edition or Base SAS or possible Enterprise Guide? Those would run in the Windows environment where RTF files are associated with Word. Your UE runs in a separate environment that likely does not have Word or the association set.

Solution
‎09-16-2016 11:08 AM
Super User

Your question seems to have morphed a little...

As far as I can see, there isn't a way to obtain this feature in SAS Studio UE. Usually the preferences option > View Results as Generated would allow the RTF file to be shown. However, when I enable this preference and generate an RTF file it does not open. Smiley Sad

I'll move this to SAS Analytics U, since it relates specifically to UE and the UE developers can comment. 

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation