Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Are you getting an "Unable to launch application" error when launching SAS Enterprise Miner?

SAS Employee

Are you getting an "Unable to launch application" error when launching SAS Enterprise Miner?

Hey Guys!

pastedImage.png

I know some of you might have started getting this error recently when starting SAS OnDemand for Academics: Enterprise Miner. 

A new Java update was released in the past couple of days, Java 8 update 131, that doesn't seem to play nice with SAS Enterprise Miner. This issue is currently being addressed and steps are being taken to correct it. In the meantime, we recommend that you revert your Java version to the most recent version that is compatible. That version is Java 8 update 112. 

To download Java 8 update 112, click the following link. Be sure to choose the version with the filename jre-8u112-windows-i586.exe:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-javase8-2177648.html#jre-8u112-...

Once that is downloaded and installed, you need to uninstall the incompatible version (8 update 131).

UNINSTALLING JAVA:  

https://java.com/en/download/help/uninstall_java.xml  

Once you have uninstalled all incompatible versions of Java and installed Java 8 update 112, download a new "main.jnlp" file from the SAS OnDemand for Academics Control Center and try to launch Enterprise Miner. 

If this doesn't work for you, I recommend opening a track with SAS Technical Support.

Thanks guys!

New User

Re: Are you getting an "Unable to launch application" error when launching SAS Enterprise

After working for few hours on installing the Enterprise Miner, I finally find this thread. The method worked. Thanks a lot!
New Contributor

Re: Are you getting an "Unable to launch application" error when launching SAS Enterprise

Thanks
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation