Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Appendage SASXGANO not found?

Accepted Solution Solved
N/A
Accepted Solution

Appendage SASXGANO not found?

Hi Everyone,

I am running the following code on the new University edition on SAS Studio and I get the error "Appendage SASXGANO not found, unable to produce graphics. This same code runs just fine on my office computer with a non-SAS Studio version of the software. What can I do to get some basic code up and running?

Thank you,

Adam

data plastic;

input hardnss time;

cards;

199 16

205 16

196 16

200 16

218 24

220 24

215 24

223 24

237 32

234 32

235 32

230 32

250 40

248 40

253 40

246 40

;;;

proc reg data=plastic;

model hardnss = time;

plot hardnss*time;

run;

quit;

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎09-22-2014 10:09 AM
SAS Employee

Re: Appendage SASXGANO not found?

The PLOT statement in PROC REG is used with line printer and traditional graphics.  You're correct that it does have a dependency on a SAS/GRAPH license which is not included in the University Edition.  The recommendation is to use the PLOTS= option which uses ODS graphics to create modern statistical graphics.  You can see more detail at SAS/STAT(R) 13.1 User's Guide

View solution in original post

All Replies
Trusted Advisor

The problem should be solved by SAS institute You are hitting a licensing issue. This one is for TS.

SASXGANO is part of SAS/Graph but this module is not licensed with UE. They are claiming all graphics are being done by the new ODS graphics  options.

You should use the ODS graphics with UE and not the SAS/Graph ones

It is confusing the old modules are still used. An more confusing when they are embedded in a proc reg.

42860 - The SAS/GRAPH® ACTIVEX device driver might abend on UNIX when no X Windows display is availa...

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Solution
‎09-22-2014 10:09 AM
SAS Employee

The PLOT statement in PROC REG is used with line printer and traditional graphics.  You're correct that it does have a dependency on a SAS/GRAPH license which is not included in the University Edition.  The recommendation is to use the PLOTS= option which uses ODS graphics to create modern statistical graphics.  You can see more detail at SAS/STAT(R) 13.1 User's Guide

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation