Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Anyone having problems tonight logging on to SAS on Demand for Academics?

Contributor

Anyone having problems tonight logging on to SAS on Demand for Academics?

Was able to log on and use SAS studio today, but tonight I get "unexpected error -- icsf the problem persists try clearing cookies".  Tried it with both IE and Chrome, then cleared cookies in Chrome and tried again. I've opened a ticket but wondered if anyone else is having the same problem.  This has happened several times over the last few weeks.

Contributor

Re: Anyone having problems tonight logging on to SAS on Demand for Academics?

I too have been experiencing the same thing for months now.

I have no idea why they got rid of enterprise guide without QAing this thing... Free is cool so long as it works consistently.

Community Manager

Months? Thank you for persevering! If trouble continues, I encourage you to open a track with Technical Support – 800-727-0025 Option 2 or SASAnalyticsU@sas.com.

Contributor

I've opened three tickets in the last month.  The most recent one, still open, is 7611464494.  No resolution yet.

SAS Employee

Unexpected error means that we are experiencing an outage.

My recommendation would be to try using a different supported browser from the one you are already using such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox. Occasionally SAS OnDemand for Academics will undergo updates where SAS Studio and the Control Center will be unavailable. If it appears that SAS Studio or the Control Center is taking too long to load I recommend waiting 15-30 minutes, then try accessing it again since that is the average time it takes for the updates to finish.

Contributor

Yep, I always try that.   My default browser is IE, but when I get the unexpected error, I switch over to Chrome, clear my cookies (as the error message says) and try to log on.  It has never worked.   My experiences with this problem tell me that your 15-30 minute estimate is too low Usually when I can't log on it lasts for several hours. If you can access your problem database, please review  7611464494, 761145910,  and 7611448390.

Community Manager

Saw those tracks. Sorry this has been such a headache! University Edition is a good alternative to avoid outages altogether. It operates in a virtual environment.

Contributor

Really ? I started on a virtual machine -- both Oracle and VMware -- only to have technical support tell me to go to On Demand.

Community Manager

We apologize for the trouble you’ve been having. This is definitely not the experience we want customers to have. We’re doing everything we can to sort this out in a timely manner, and you’ll be receiving updates. Meanwhile, please log any suspected outages here. Thank you for sharing your experience in this community and with Tech Support when it would be easier to skip those steps. Your feedback and suggestions help us make our software better.

Contributor

Thanks.  I've been on vacation so tonight was my first attempt to log on since last Wednesday.  The logon failed (same message) so I got the opportunity to try out the new form.  The good news was that the form was easy to fill out and submit.  The bad news is that I had to use it.

Several people suggested I switch to SAS University Edition.  I've used UE as a backup system for my course development, but once I start the class (May 14) I'll really need SODA to work during my classroom sessions.  The school doesn't have a SAS license, and installing UE on all 19 workstations in my classroom is not feasible.  My class will meet Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30 - 9:30 CT until June 9th.

Contributor

I got an email from SODA support in just over an hour, saying that the problem has been resolved.  Tried logging on again from IE and got the same error message, but then tried from Chrome and it worked.  Great response for an after-hours problem.

SAS Employee

Would you be able to provide me with the college you are teaching at and your e-mail address?  I would like to follow up to learn more about your courses.  Thank you!

Contributor

This course is at Collin College in Plano TX.  Send an email to  marty.the.sas.instructor "at"  gmail.com and I'll reply with a course description.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation