Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

An analytics exercise with M&M's - doable with SAS University Edition!

Community Manager

An analytics exercise with M&M's - doable with SAS University Edition!

Analyzing M&M® candies is a delicious way to make intro statistics courses fun. In that spirit and since it's still Friday here at SAS world headSAS runs on M&M's.jpgquarters, I bring you @Rick_SAS's recent blog post, The distribution of colors for plain M&M candies. He ran the numbers on M&M's from some of our breakrooms, which get a fresh supply on Wednesdays. The results surprised him. Try the program in University Edition.

Ever done any M&M's analyses we should know about? Post about it below in the comments.

SAS Super FREQ

Re: An analytics exercise with M&M's - doable with SAS University Edition!

Just FYI, almost all of my 800+ blog posts can run in SAS UE. Furthermore, I suspect every program in my book Simulating Data with SAS can be run in SAS UE.  I only write about Base SAS, SAS/STAT, and SAS/IML.

Super User

Anyone interested in similar analysis of NCFCD (Non-branded Chocolate Filled Candy Disks)? See of other makers are following in the Mars Company footsteps.

SAS Super FREQ

@ballardw I've analyzed Bottle Caps from Wonka, but with a smaller sample size.

BottleCapsHeader.png

Super User

I would be tempted to do the NCFCD analysis but I'm afraid my blood-sugar would not like having such around as I'm too weak-willed to have them but not eat.

Community Manager

I know what you mean, @ballardw. I've gained and lost ~30 pounds of SAS M&M's in my years here. Smiley Wink

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation