Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Amount of RAM given to VirtualBox

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Amount of RAM given to VirtualBox

Hello,

Sorry if my question may sound stupid, but does the amount of RAM given to VirtualBox matters a lot to make SAS Studio run efficiently? I'm tempted to put a very low value due to the fact the program opens on the local computer and not on the virtual machine, but since both are linked to eachother it may not be a good solution, I don't know.

Could you give me an indication on what you think is the best ratio RAM given to the VM / remainding RAM for the local computer ?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎07-23-2016 09:31 AM
Super User

Re: Amount of RAM given to VirtualBox

program opens on the local computer and not on the virtual machine

I don't think that's quite correct, the browser is used to access the application which is running on the VM.  The VM settings will matter. I think it's set to 1GB by default and 2GB is the maximum setting. I can't imagine any recent machine having issues with that. Assuming you're using it for learning, 1GB should be plenty. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎07-23-2016 09:31 AM
Super User

program opens on the local computer and not on the virtual machine

I don't think that's quite correct, the browser is used to access the application which is running on the VM.  The VM settings will matter. I think it's set to 1GB by default and 2GB is the maximum setting. I can't imagine any recent machine having issues with that. Assuming you're using it for learning, 1GB should be plenty. 

New Contributor

I see, thanks a lot for your help. Smiley Happy

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation