Don't just think like a data scientist. Be one.

Exploring Data with SAS visual Analytics execise 1, cannot find data source

Learner

Exploring Data with SAS visual Analytics execise 1, cannot find data source

I just started my SAS Big Data Analytics Programming course. I am on exploring DATA with SAS visual Analytics exercise 1. I followed the demo and opened the Insight Toy Company Exploration . However, the system gave me a dialog window saying it cannot find the data source. I have two options on the window: 1. remove, 2, replace by select..I suppose it is replace by select a different source so I chose that option and saw a list of files. However, after selecting the one named Insight Toy Company Exploration , I still get the same message that it cannot find the data source..I am stuck here and wasted one hour my lab time and cannot solve it...Please help..

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Exploring Data with SAS visual Analytics execise 1, cannot find data source

Hi:
Please look at this previous posting:
https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Academy-for-Data-Science/SAS-Big-data-module-1-Virtual-lab-proble...

Every time you start the Virtual Lab, there are 2 things you have to do:
1) start the LASR servers
2) load the table(s) you are going to use.

If you don't do that, the data source cannot be found. Whether you start from a fresh image or a saved image, you ALWAYS need to perform those steps. The YouTube video link posted there shows the 2 most common error messages you can get and how to fix them.

Hope this helps,
Cynthia
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation