BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi:

One of the frequent questions I get asked about the SAS Academy for Data Science is -- how much do I really need to know about SAS programming? Isn't all the advanced stuff point and click? Isn't my degree in math or statistics enough?

When we teach the SAS Academy for Data Science in Cary, we have a "pre-academy" session in which we do a quick review of Programming 1, Programming 2, SQL 1 and Macro Language 1 concepts. The e-learning version of the SAS Academy for Data Science does NOT have this "pre-academy" refresher.

We recommend at least six months of programming experience in SAS or another programming language. If you're just getting started or need to brush up on your SAS programming skills (and you are in the US), the SAS Programming for Data Science Fast Track will give you a good foundation.This Fast Track package is a bundle of all 4 e-learning classes and includes some other handy study aids like the Base Programmer certification Prep Guide. This Fast Track package is currently available in the US. Other countries may offer other types of introductory packages, so if you are not in the US, you need to consult your country site for discounts and special offers.

Here is the corrected link for the US Data Science Fast Track Programming package:

https://support.sas.com/training/discounts/bundle/ecds940.html

Hope this explains that the SAS Academy for Data Science does include the need to know SAS programming to the level of these 4 classes.

Cynthia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, Sorry, there were some odd characters in the original URL I posted. Try this link (for US students):

It works for me.

cynthia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ksaveliff1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cynthia! Thanks for the helpful information. I just tried to access the bundle, but the link does not work. Is there another way I can find it? Thank you!

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, Sorry, there were some odd characters in the original URL I posted. Try this link (for US students):

It works for me.

cynthia

This is a knowledge-sharing community for learners in the Academy. Find answers to your questions or post here for a reply.
To ensure your success, use these getting-started resources:

Estimating Your Study Time
Reserving Software Lab Time
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Troubleshooting Your SAS-Hadoop Training Environment

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation